88 Kearny Street, 12th Floor
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Director, the Communications and Marketing Manager will sit in a key position on a global function charged with organizational branding and messaging, media relations, social media, content marketing, web content, design and collateral, event marketing and production, and internal staff training on communications. The team is charged with global responsibilities, with staff based in San Francisco, New York, and Paris. The Communications and Marketing team works closely with other parts of the organization, particularly BSR’s membership, consulting, and grants and development teams.
This position will be based either in BSR’s San Francisco or New York office.
Working closely with the other members of the Communications team and leads from multiple issue clusters and client relationship management teams, the Manager will execute communications and marketing campaigns, translating programmatic priorities into content and promotional activities.
This will include working with the Director and members of the Communications team – including the digital media associate, web developer and graphic designer - to develop and execute strategies for content marketing and BSR’s editorial approach. The Communications Manager plays an integral role in the development of strategic planning and execution of BSR media relations and marketing activities and is also involved in content connected to BSR events.
- Lead development of BSR’s editorial strategy, from ideation through campaign planning and execution via multiple communications channels. Also support strategic planning and lead execution of marketing for the BSR Conference, as well as other major campaigns throughout the year.
- Serve as editor-in-chief of the BSR blog, suggesting content, working closely with staff authors to develop compelling blogs and editing to ensure editorial excellence.
- Oversee report publication process and launch strategy with more digital elements, which includes copyediting or retaining and managing external copy editors/proofreaders.
- Work with colleagues in Europe and outside agencies to develop pro-active media relations plans, including development of pitches and media materials and cultivating relationships with reporters.
- Work closely with BSR staff to give them tools to be effective brand ambassadors, including through coaching and media training as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, media, journalism, or a related field; graduate degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of work experience in journalism, communications, or marketing function, with experience in one or more of the following subject matter areas: nonprofit communications/marketing, sustainable business, global development, climate change, human rights, women’s empowerment, or economic inclusion.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of developing content marketing strategies that elevate brand reputation and awareness among key business audiences.
- Experience developing messages, including for social and digital media platforms.
- Extensive and demonstrated editorial and story/content development experience.
- Experience working with global communications teams and developing messaging for global audiences from different backgrounds, including different sectors, geographies, and interest areas.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR’s core values of leadership, integrity, and respect.
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-directed working style.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Application Requirements and Instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio or writing sample. Applications that do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
As part of our dedication to Diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.bsr.org/careers.