The Director for Venture Café Foundation’s District Hall program is responsible for the overall supervision of the staff, programs, events and operations of the center. District Hall is the world’s first free-standing civic innovation center, designed to create a hub for the innovation and startup community to gather and exchange ideas. District Hall is located in Boston’s Seaport District and hosted over 1,000 events and 90,000 people in 2017 alone. The center offers free public workspace, programming and rental space to catalyze entrepreneurship and innovation. A strong focus is on driving an accessible and inclusive ecosystem.
On any given day, District Hall will host hundreds of guests in the free public workspace and multiple events in collaboration with the on-site catering and restaurant team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a public facing role overseeing the operations, impact, and direction of a key part of Boston’s innovation economy.
- Manage a team of three full time staff, volunteers and interns that run the activities of District Hall
- Set strategic direction to accomplish the mission of the Center and the Foundation to drive greater economic development. Greater economic development is defined as helping people to start businesses or programs that create jobs.
- Establish a set of tactics, programs, seminars and other such activities that address the Center’s Mission and strategy.
- Capture stories from people and companies about their startup or small business progress that can be told to others for educational or inspirational purposes. Capturing stories can include quotes, written articles, interviews, audio recording and / or video recordings.
- Define and executive a marketing plan that promotes the District Hall to help it achieve its mission. The marketing plan includes storytelling from businesses that have used the center’s resources as well as partners that have participated in the programs.
- Working with the Executive Director, develop and execute a plan to make the District Hall financially sustainable. The plan includes a mix of room rentals, programming fees, sponsorships and grants.
- Work with existing building partners including on site restaurant to manage daily operations of this facility.
- Overseeing facilities management, building operations, and maintenance of the building in collaboration with building partners. This will include capital improvements, furniture, digital upgrades, routine maintenance, and other activities as needed.
- Identify and develop relationships with programming partners and sponsors to execute the tactical plan and strategy.
- Develop and execute a community outreach program to ensure the local groups are aware of the resources available from the Center and how they can use them, including professional groups, companies, community organizations, non-profits, universities, creative services communities and government entities.
- Maintain a metrics tracking and financial processing system. Define an annual budget and track to this budget.
- Collaborate with other Venture Café Foundation programs in greater Boston and Venture Cafes around the world
- Work with team to move furniture for event setup when needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comprehensive computer skills
- Very good critical thinking, analytical skills, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and with a small team
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Strong customer interaction skills
- Knowledge of and interest in expanding the startup / small business ecosystem and economic development in the Greater Boston area
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and any cover letter via this Recruiterbox.com application link.
The Venture Café Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit whose goal is to enhance and accelerate innovation and economic development in the Greater Boston region. The foundation offers meeting space, programming, and connections that build relationships between entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators. Our mission is to broaden, connect, and support the innovation community through a public network of spaces and programs to help anyone with an idea the opportunity to succeed.
We believe that anyone with an idea has the potential to be an innovator, and that innovation is present everywhere. Our vision is to create a network of empowered individuals and communities who feel confident in their ideas and have the resources to achieve them. By providing spaces, programs, and connections, we can strengthen our local and global communities to tackle problems with creative solutions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Full healthcare and dental coverage
401K Plan with matching after first year
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, other languages are a bonus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via the Recruiterbox application link - https://vencaf51735.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fbx3