475 Riverside Drive
Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist
Responsible for recruiting diverse, high potential Talent for technology and business operations positions within a high volume, ambiguous, fast paced environment. The position requires a high volume of sourcing and interviewing. The Recruiter must be people oriented, extremely organized, and technically savvy in order to manage multiple databases. Must have experience with diverse sourcing techniques, strong attention to detail and have the ability to identify “red flags” during the behavioral interview stage. Recruiter will perform full cycle recruiting as needed and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community at-large.
- Full Cycle Candidate management from Initial Identification, Qualifying/Vetting, through Hiring Process, Background Checks, and On-boarding.
- Review pipeline of potential candidates in our ATS (Applicant Stack), match applicants with job requirements based on candidate work history, skills, education, training and other qualifications
- Interview applicants to evaluate work history, education, training and job skills
- Communicate job duties and responsibilities, compensation, work schedules, work environment and other organizational information to candidates
- Liaison between the candidate, WOS and Clients with regard to interviews
- Conduct Interview preparation with candidate
- Coordinate interview schedules
- Extend offer of employment and completes hiring paperwork
- Update and retrieve applicant information in ATS
- Prepare offer letters and initiates background check report processing. Monitors status of the background process, and updates the results in ATS
- Communicate with applicants on an as-needed basis during the interviewing and hiring phase
Community Engagement and Partnership Tasks:
- Create and foster relationships with colleges, CBO's and VSO's to build Talent pipeline
- Attend career fairs, veteran job fairs and on-campus information sessions as needed
- Stay engaged with applicant pool by fostering good relationships and building strong and trusting partnerships
Develop and Track Measurable Facets of the Recruiting and Hiring Process:
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved
- Recruiter will perform other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- Experience: 2-3 years of recruiting/ sourcing. Fast paced scaling experience a must. You have expertise in both traditional and advanced talent sourcing techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Org Psych, Behavioral Psych or related field.
- Exceptional communications skills: You love listening and communicate in a way that engages people to work with you.
- Ownership: You are independent, know how to focus on what matters, and committed to delivering.
- Make it happen approach: You love challenges and find solutions to tough problems. You reinvent and try new things, not afraid to fail- and value the learning in each experiment.
- Data Driven: Data and metrics shape your strategy for pipeline building, messaging to prospects and decision making.
- Passion for learning: You’re great at research and are curious about learning new industries, roles, and working methodologies.
- Detail-oriented: You’re on top of all moving parts, see the entire hiring picture and able to shift priorities as needed for the business.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various sourcing techniques including cold calling, ATS, web, research, job fairs
- Self-Starter, track record of working in home-office or onsite with little supervision
- Independent, motivated, highly organized with a consistent, dogged approach to recruitment.
- Based on experience
- Morningside Heights (Manhattan), New York
- Full-time (permanent)
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org.
Minimum Education Required