Details: Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
ABOUT ENCOURAGE KIDS FOUNDATION
For 33 years, enCourage Kids Foundation has empowered kids facing health challenges to lead their most awesome lives through cost-free family outings and uplifting hospital programs. By bringing laughter, comfort and countless smiles to more than 400,000 children annually, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatment, hospital stays and doctor’s appointments. We serve kids facing a variety of health issues – from those receiving chemo treatments in a clinic, to those who live with a chronic illness that may not be visible.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for handling a wide array of responsibilities including managing the organization’s day-to-day communications needs, implementing social media strategies, and updating the website with newly-created content.
He/she will execute campaigns and digital initiatives, both short and long term, with a focus on supporting the mission and increasing the organization’s reach. The ideal candidate will be obsessive about details, have an eye for aesthetics, and have a history of producing compelling content and beautiful marketing and fundraising deliverables.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
· Collaborate with Senior Leadership to:
o Develop and implement a robust engagement strategy with current/prospective donors and funders, volunteers, and hospital partners to build a dialogue through all communications channels (e-mail, social media, direct mail, face-to-face);
o Create an organizational communications plan that increases awareness for enCourage Kids’ vision for growth and impact, and inspires supporters to publicly champion the organization’s mission;
o Broaden and strengthen enCourage Kids’ brand identity internally across key stakeholders and externally across the country; and
o Create content for communications and marketing materials to support fundraising efforts.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
· Partner with the development team to drive the creation, design and production of collateral, including: media kits, fundraising appeals, Annual Report, EKF’s Blog, signage, semi-annual newsletter, and e-blasts;
· Develop & regularly update organizational and programmatic brochures, key messages, fact sheets, infographics & other collateral;
· Monitor children’s health care and industry trends in order to proactively pitch ideas for stories and articles;
· Create and maintain monthly content calendar inclusive of all social media, external communications and fundraising pushes;
· Grow social audiences and increase engagement levels on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook;
· Define clear “call to action” posts to drive engagement, website visits, and conversions;
· Refine organizational and campaign branding for social media purposes;
· Align social campaigns with fundraising and marketing strategies;
· Develop and maintain relationships with media, bloggers and influencers
· Create content highlighting the impact of EKF’s hospital partnerships;
· Engage with social media followers and promote Facebook Fundraisers;
· Communicate inter-departmentally and with external constituents to satisfy content needs;
· Manage the website by creating fresh content and regularly updating donor recognition, bios, the blog, program descriptions, etc.;
· Use Google Analytics and other tools to measure and report on the performance of all digital campaigns, as well as site traffic/usage activity and recommend any adjustments; and
· Manage photo and content library.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year university;
- 5 years of non-profit experience, with a strong background in communications, social media and website design;
· Exemplary computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress;
· Flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings and early mornings, as needed;
· Experience managing a brand’s social media presence across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram;
· Ability to set up, track, and analyze paid social media campaigns;
· Strong writing and communications skills; and
· Good grasp of effective visuals on social media.
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve;
· Bring new creative ideas to communicating the organization's work.
· Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks as needed;
- Eagle-eye attention to detail and commitment to high quality work product;
- Equally comfortable playing external and internal roles, demonstrating a professional and warm demeanor in developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent research skills and experience in leveraging all information at his/her disposal; and
- Must be a great verbal communicator and presenter.
- Results-oriented self-starter that thrives in a collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves environment;
- Brings an enthusiastic attitude everyday (or as much as is humanly possible);
- Committed to exceptional performance and going above and beyond regularly;
- Critical thinker, driven to tackle challenges head on and find solutions;
- Self-starter who doesn’t need or want to have someone looking over his/her shoulder;
- Good natured, but with the ability to give and receive thoughtful critique; and
- Not afraid to fail, but hates making the same mistake twice.
enCourage Kids offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k retirement savings plan, and a generous vacation package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a detailed cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and social media/design portfolio and writing samples to Christina Buono, Manager of External Relations at email@example.com. Candidates must submit all requirements to be considered. Please include the title of the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.