2318 Mill Road
Are you a high-performing career administrative professional looking for a new challenge and a rewarding opportunity within a premier and growing education and medical non-profit organization?
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
The selected candidate will join the growing Education, Science and Professional Development Department and will comprehensively support department directors while providing assistance with programs, special projects, and initiatives. If you possess excellent administrative skills, proficiency in technical programs, a meticulous focus on detail, and bring a commitment to your work, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Provide top-notch administrative support to three directors including scheduling and calendar management, coordinating travel arrangements and itineraries, preparing and processing expense reports, responding to telephone and email inquiries, and coordinating team meetings
- Support logistics and arrangements for department committee and related meetings; communicate necessary plans, invitations, and meeting information with invitees; staff meetings as requested; and prepare materials and take meeting notes
- Process volunteer expense reports and prepare thank you letters, stipend checks, and expense reports for faculty, authors, and committee members
- Process department invoices and expenses through our accounts payable system; execute product activations in a timely manner, as needed by the ASCO University Team; and process department contracts and update website pages as requested
- Provide department support such as recommending and implementing improved work processes, serving as department onboarding logistics coordinator for new hires; monitoring and responding to department email account inquiries on a timely basis while providing exceptional customer service; and serving as shipping contact for live meetings and coordinate trunk shipments
Qualifications you will contribute:
- Associate degree or equivalent training or related work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience including providing support for senior level staff members; working in a member-based association is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative, time management, and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with a strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required