2233 University Avenue West
HECUA seeks to hire a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organized Program Representative, who will join the Recruitment and Student Services team to promote HECUA’s innovative off-campus study programs. The primary purpose of a Program Representative is to represent HECUA on a portfolio of consortium member campuses through recruitment efforts and relationship building with campus contacts.
The primary purpose of Program Representative (PR) position is to recruit students to participate in HECUA’s off-campus study programs. The PR is responsible for leading recruitment efforts on the HECUA-member campuses that they are assigned. The PR must organize, carry out, and annually review recruitment plans for these schools, work to achieve enrollment goals as outlined by the organization, and strengthen general campus relations. All recruitment plans will demonstrate program-specific objectives and will be monitored throughout the academic year. Recruitment activities include but are not limited to study-abroad fairs, class visits, information sessions, student-group events, faculty lunches, etc. In such activities the PR will work collaboratively with HECUA board members, study abroad/off- campus study administrators, various academic departments and teaching faculty, diversity and student services offices, student alumni, and HECUA colleagues. To ensure successful performance, PRs must also be self-directed in acquiring and sharing knowledge about program curriculum and schedules, program happenings, internship possibilities, and general admission and enrollment procedures.
This position will be based in HECUA’s central office located in St. Paul, Minnesota, but will include seasonal travel throughout the upper Midwest, including occasional overnights. Other travel may be requested/required.
To strategically and efficiently increase student interest in HECUA off-campus study programs, using a variety of communication vehicles and methods. Working within the realm of assigned member campuses, PRs must recruit prospective students and convert interest into applications to achieve semester and annual enrollment goals for all programs.
- Generate and respond to student inquiries and/or expressed student interest within 48 hours of initial contact using CRM database (Salesforce)
- Coordinate and participate in campus visits, class presentations, program info sessions, and off-campus study fairs hosted by member institutions
- Collaborate with faculty and staff on campuses to achieve inroads with students
- Manage and help support alumni engagement on assigned campuses
- Arrange recruitment schedules and host international and domestic program directors on campuses
- Assist students through application process- process and pass complete applications to student services
To build, strengthen, and expand relationships with campus representatives and others at member schools in order to better serve their institutions and
meet HECUA’s enrollment goals.
- Encourage and support recruitment efforts made by HECUA campus board members and off-campus-study professionals on campus
- Sustain ongoing communications with faculty and staff advising networks
- Expand the network of faculty and staff who understand and identify with HECUA, and persuade supporters to advise students to participate in HECUA programs
- Track campus-specific application deadlines and other relevant information from individual campus calendars
- Assist with involving and connecting campus faculty to HECUA programs
To build and maintain a detailed knowledge of HECUA’s student programs. Such knowledge is critical to persuasive recruiting and to matching students with their most appropriate options.
- Know HECUA and campus-specific eligibility policies
- Stay up to date on program content and available internships
- Be familiar with the history of HECUA’s programs and the history and politics of the program sites
- Stay apprised of safety issues and current events at HECUA’s international program sites
- Visit HECUA’s domestic programs once a semester for observation, participation, and/or information-gathering
- Visit HECUA’s international programs if requested
To contribute to the positive HECUA work environment by assisting in the following:
- Provide regular and informative communication with Recruitment, Marketing, and Student Services team members and general student services support to achieve team goals (e.g. assist with student orientations or review marketing materials)
- Participate in ongoing Anti-Racism/Truth, Reparations, Conciliation organizational work and initiatives
- Update Recruitment & Student Services Handbook for department when new policies and/or procedures are formed
- Continue to seek new methods and self-development techniques to hone recruitment craft (i.e. public speaking, database skills, etc.)
- Assist with general office operations as needed
- Serve on additional HECUA committees and task forces as needed
Required: B.A., strong written and oral communication skills, ability to work respectfully and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds, experience with sales and/or recruitment, excellent organizational skills, ability to work efficiently, ability to work independently, attention to detail, outgoing, personable and dynamic, and vehicle for travel.
Preferred: Familiarity with HECUA, familiarity with off-campus study, CRM/database experience (Salesforce preferred), CMS experience (Wordpress preferred), commitment to experiential and community-based learning and social justice issues.
HECUA is an equal-opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
HECUA offers competitive health benefits, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and a generous 403(b) retirement plan. The preferred start date for the position is flexible, but ideally mid- late June.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Application deadline is 12am CST Monday, May 28th 2018. Interested candidates should email a PDF cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls please.