Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships will utilize their strong corporate social responsibility and partnership experience to strategically guide and steward No Kid Hungry corporate partners. The Manager will collaborate with corporate partner contacts and their agencies and work across multiple internal departments, serving as the main point of contact for their dedicated corporate accounts. The Manager will focus on raising revenue for Share Our Strength through cause related marketing, corporate sponsorships and strategic philanthropy, helping to develop unique fundraising activations and concepts that successfully drive a partners’ business objectives and further engage a partners’ employees, customers, vendors, franchisees, etc. Ultimately, the Manager will be responsible for managing and renewing corporate partner accounts that raise revenue and awareness for No Kid Hungry.
This position is preferably based in Washington, DC, but could be fully remote for the right candidate. Range for offers: $63,000 - $70,500.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Combine innovative and proven strategies to manage and assist on the successful day-to-day execution of revenue generating partnerships with high-profile consumer brands. The manager will assist and lead on revenue generating partnerships totaling between $1.5M-$3.5M.
- Build relationship loyalty through meticulous service and support, and through creative problem solving. Specific tasks could include supporting the development of partnership marketing and communications plans, reviewing and approving partnership collateral, managing employee engagement opportunities, participating in conference calls and partner summits, and refreshing research and insights on corporate partners.
- Develop unique activation strategies that further partners’ business objectives such as employee engagement, traffic, sales volume, customer loyalty, and PR, while maximizing fundraising potential and ensuring year-over-year growth of partnership revenues.
- Help identify opportunities to collaborate with corporate partners and leverage their assets to raise incremental funds, increase awareness for childhood hunger, and engage consumers for Share Our Strength and our mission, including sharing information about critical initiatives such as annual tentpole campaigns, STREAM for No Kid Hungry, grassroots fundraising and other special events and unique opportunities.
- Help evaluate partnership success and identify opportunities for improvement. Work collaboratively to prepare and present year-end review documents.
- As needed, support the new business team in cultivating external relationships with new corporate partners to support the No Kid Hungry campaign and related fundraising platforms.
- Represent the Corporate Partnership Development and Corporate Partnership teams on internal task forces and cross-departmental projects as needed.
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring those values are embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required, and 3-5 years of experience in successfully managing marketing programs and/or sponsorships from the corporate, agency or non-profit partner perspective.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills required. An ability to manage multifaceted projects and capacity to perform well independently in a fluid, multitasking environment are essential for success in the role.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Raiser’s Edge highly preferred.
- Experience developing large-scale cause-marketing or CSR/corporate philanthropy partnerships is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain focus and detail orientation in a fluid environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills, including the ability to identify and work through challenges, underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Adept at coordinating and prioritizing individual workload and maintaining focus and communication with colleagues in a remote environment.
- Proven ability to excel working independently and as part of a (virtual and in person) team environment.
- Credible skill in clear, persuasive, and dynamic communication with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a healthy and productive life.