Student Life Administrator-Columbia/Barnard Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is seeking an organized, detail oriented, and friendly professional to serve as our Student Life Administrator. The Student Life Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of our entire organization. From greeting prospective students to placing catering orders for student leaders, this person will be accountable for ensuring engaging, efficient, and accurate task completion and maintaining a happy, functioning work environment.
The Student Life Administrator will report to the Assistant Director and will work closely with the Executive Director and the Student Life team. Ideal start date is May 1 but can be flexible for the right applicant.
What You're Great at:
- Keeping systems organized and efficient, and attention to detail.
- Being friendly, warm, and welcoming – you are the face of Columbia/Barnard Hillel for students, staff, and friends of our community.
- Managing your schedule and balancing a lot of projects at once.
- Working with people of different backgrounds.
- Seeing through a project from start to finish.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- A college degree.
- A passion for organization, details, and maintaining balance.
- Outgoing personality & sense of humor.
- Capable of working for a team and with a team.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours needed to get the job done.
What You'll Own:
- Greeting students, parents, visitors, and members of the Columbia University community in person and by answering the main telephone line; provide information about Jewish life on campus.
- Maintaining systems for all activities: reimbursements, applications, payments, etc.
- Coordinating the day-to-day logistics for Hillel's programmatic offerings including calendaring, room reservations, website maintenance, and supply ordering.
- Maintain a positive and proactive relationships with vendors, the University, other Hillels, NYC Jewish Community, and anyone with whom our organization engages.
- The big picture: you'll know what's going on in our community and will be the key professional in making sure our dots are connected.
A Day in the Life:
- Work with a student leader to order catering and supplies for an upcoming event.
- Meet with a member of the student life team to book space on campus for an upcoming on-campus holiday celebration.
- Coordinate with our caterer to ensure that we're all set for Shabbat dinner.
- Process reimbursements for student life staff and student leaders.
- Attend a student life staff meeting to know what's going on and how you can be helpful to everyone's success.
- Take a phone call from a parent who has a question about Jewish life on campus.
What You'll Get Out of It:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- An amazing team of colleagues who do fantastic work.
About Columbia/Barnard Hillel:
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is an exciting, fast-paced, intellectually rigorous work environment. We are a high energy, dedicated team of professionals committed to enriching the Jewish experience of our students. Columbia/Barnard Hillel serves the Jewish communities of Columbia University, Barnard College, and The Jewish Theological Seminary. There is a large and very active Jewish community based in the Kraft Center for Jewish Student Life and around campus.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/nmfwp6gvzg53rc8z"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vrlBAynUn16O5F1OgCDWmp">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in