Part Time Temporary
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience starting @ $15.00/hour.
New York Communities for Change (NYCC) seeks a dynamic Part Time Organizer to help oversee low wage worker organizing campaigns.
The Part Time Organizer will provide strategic support and assistance to our offline and online outreach. The Part Time Organizer will report to the Digital Director and work closely with NYCC’s Campaigns team to advance our various campaigns.
- Make phone calls to a base of low wage workers part of different strategic outreach, in order to bring them in to our campaigns.
- Online and offline organizing to advance corporate accountability campaigns and civic engagement programs
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities
- Experience in social media outreach, preferably with an emphasis on digital organizing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking and writing)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly.
- Demonstrated commitment to community organizing, communities of color and progressive issues
- Working with women and communities of color for social change
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
Optional Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent in Spanish
- People of color strongly encouraged to apply.
New York Communities for Change (NYCC) is a coalition of working families in low and moderate income communities fighting for social and economic justice throughout New York State. By using direct action, legislative advocacy, and community organizing, our members work to impact the political and economic policies that directly affect us.
We Resist. We Fight. We Build power.
We RESIST fascist and racist policies that affect our most vulnerable communities. NYCC leads know your rights trainings and a rapid response program to protect our communities against deportations, police brutality and evictions.
We FIGHT economic power at its core. NYCC and its members lead the fight against economic oppression by building campaigns from the ground up that challenge capital and oppressive economic systems.
We BUILD power and transform our communities. NYCC organizes in low-income and middle income neighborhoods to build a strong people’s movement that can bring tangible change to our communities. Our aim is to eliminate the ways capital has starved our communities of wealth for centuries.
NYCC is a leading progressive organization in New York leading campaigns such as the Fight for $15, Committee For Better Banks, Housing Justice for All, Climate works for all, and the Real Gentrifiers among others.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Sol Freire firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Part time organizer"
NYCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.