7300 MacArthur Boulevard
Adventure Theatre MTC (ATMTC) is the longest running theater for young audiences in the Washington DC Metro area with an integrated and nationally renowned technique based training facility for aspiring musical theater artists in the area. Its mission is to educate and inspire new generations of theater artists and audiences with exceptional theatrical experiences.
ATMTC celebrates the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity as they inspire the creativity that nurtures great art, artists, and audiences.
The Director of Development (DOD) of Adventure Theatre MTC is responsible for ensuring ATMTC meets its fundraising goals. To achieve this, the DOD coordinates all fundraising activities utilizing the Managing Director, the Artistic Director, the Senior Leadership, the Board of Directors, and volunteers. In addition, the DOD is responsible for developing and growing individual giving.
As a member of the Senior Staff, the DOD serves as a public face of ATMTC promoting the program and managing partnerships, ensures clear communication with other departments, and contributes to strategic planning for the organization.
General work hours are Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm, with additional evening and weekend work, as required.
The DOD reports to the Managing Director (MD) and supervises the Institutional Giving Manager as well as development contractors.
· Work closely with the MD to develop a comprehensive fundraising plan;
· Grow overall fundraising year over year 3 – 5%;
· Manage a team of staff and volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major, mid-level and small donors, foundations, corporations, and government grants;
· Provide prospect research to team members in advance of key meetings;
· Maximize CRM implementation to support donor cultivation and stewardship;
· Cultivate relationships with individual donors and prospects from the Washington Metropolitan area.
· Oversee the preparation of all fundraising collateral materials.
· With MD, develop partnership relationships that strengthen Institutional Advancement opportunities;
· Hire and supervise the Institutional Giving Manager.
· Serve as an ambassador of ATMTC at public events including but not limited to symposia, networking events, conferences, and workshops.
· Manage special events to ensure an exceptional guest experience within budget and with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
· Plan and execute annual Gala.
· Coordinate donor experiences at First Rehearsals, and VIP Openings.
· Plan and execute additional special events as needed.
· In coordination with the MD, manage the budget for all Development activities;
· Maintain the staff calendar;
· Manage department invoices, and submit payment requests; and
· Coordinate with the Communications Department as needed to support campaigns.
· 3- 5 years’ progressive development experience;
· Successful record of managing a team;
· Demonstrated positive attitude and self-directed with a strong work ethic;
· Excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to work in a team environment;
· Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously;
· Demonstrated attention to detail;
· Proficiency of MS Office Suite software;
· Proficiency in CRM or Fundraising software;
· Ability to work evenings and weekends;
· Demonstrated love of theatre and children;
· Demonstrated ability in Budget Management;
· Clearance to work with minor children via Federal and State Background Check;
· Previous event management experience preferred; and
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Full Time Position with Full Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Adventure Theatre MTC, 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, MD 20812, Attn: Director of Development Search or email email@example.com with the subject line Director of Development Search. No phone calls please. ATMTC is an EOE.