Human Resources Intern- Academic Credit Only
- Job posted by NMIC (Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation)
45 Wadsworth Avenue
Human Resources Intern- College Credit Only
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic Human Resources Intern who is hungry to kick start their HR career. This is an unpaid internship, geared towards learning the many aspects of Human Resources.
Number of Hours Per Week: 15-20 hours per week or number of hours that satisfy your college program requirement.
With the direction and teaching from the HR Director. Assist with the following projects:
• Creating new hire packets
• Event set-up to benefit meetings and other staff related events
• Internal HR audits
• Update job descriptions
• Work with the HR Associate for New Hire Orientations and new hires IT set-up
• Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
• Organization Transition to HRIS system
• Rollout of the Employee Handbook
What you will learn:
• Employment laws (FMLA, NYPFL, FLSA, Worker’s Comp, Unemployment, Sexual Harassment, etc.) and how to apply them.
• How to conduct New Hire Orientations and the required forms (I9, W4, 2104-IT, NY Wage form, etc.) for new employees
• Benefits administration
• How an HRIS system works; we use ADP Workforce Now
• Other HR Functions
• College student pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related degree
• Solid written and verbal skills
• Excellent People skills
• Loves a challenge and is a self-starter
• Mission focused
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and description of your college internship program requirement to Misratu Saka, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. All applications will be accepted in Word or PDF Format.
Please no phone calls.