The mission of the Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) is to develop and advocate policies and programs to increase the skills, job opportunities and incomes of low-skill, low-wage workers and job seekers in Maryland.
The Financial Case Manager is responsible for working directly with JumpStart participants and graduates to help mitigate financial barriers in an effort to increase employability and maximize their earnings. The Financial Case Manager will provide Project Jumpstart participants with specialized case management support to maximize success during the program and after graduation while employed.
• Provide one-on-one financial education and coaching to JumpStart participants.
• Assess participants’ financial situations to determine appropriate referrals to specialized financial services such as credit counseling, debt consolidation, bankruptcy, foreclosure assistance, etc.
• Assist participants by developing a budget, reducing debt, pulling credit reports and conducting credit review, connecting to mainstream financial products, developing emergency cash reserves, and building assets (retirement, education, housing, etc.).
• Work in tandem with other program case managers to provide public benefits screenings and case management services to assist with benefits enrollment.
• Input participant financial data at baseline and required follow-up intervals: Managing Subsequent Credit Pulls and ongoing update of participant files within database
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
• Attend and participate in required internal and external educational programs and pursue external training opportunities.
• Facilitate financial education workshops during various points within the 14-week Project JumpStart program period on topics such as budgeting, credit, money management, etc.
• Provide ongoing contact with and support of participants and graduates, assessing their current financial status to determine additional financial services and products to assist with longer term financial stability.
• Manage outcome tracking system through Efforts-to-Outcomes database while maintaining participant files according to grant requirements and organization standards.
• Collaborate within the Project JumpStart team and partners to provide program updates, determine necessary program modifications, and provide relevant data and client stories for grant reports as needed.
• Assist with program planning and oversight through timely data reporting, participation in meetings with program staff and partners.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A keen understanding of the racial and socioeconomic dynamics of underserved communities
• Familiarity with the educational and employment barriers facing low-income, low-skill workers and the workforce needs of employers
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse organizations and populations including community members, employers, policymakers and funders
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and public speaking
• Must be organized and detail oriented, and have the ability to work in both a team setting and autonomously
• Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines under stressful conditions
• A successful candidate will have an educational background in human services, social work, finance, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience providing case management or job-training services. Mental health and/or trauma-informed training a plus
• Extensive experience providing case management and/or job-training services to under-served populations of color may be substituted for educational requirement
• Should have a flexible schedule as program classes run in the evenings and program related events can occur in the evening and on weekends
This is a full-time position. Work will be based out of our downtown Baltimore office with regular visits to classroom sites in east and west Baltimore. The ideal candidate will be able to provide his/her own transportation for travel to program locations, meetings and relevant activities around the state.
Parking at the Baltimore office and reimbursement for business travel is provided.
The Financial Case Manager will report to JOTF’s Senior Program Manager, and work closely with program staff including case managers, classroom instructors and job placement director.
The mission of the Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) is to develop and advocate policies and programs to increase the skills, job opportunities and incomes of low-skill, low-wage workers and job seekers in…
Starting salary range is commensurate with education and experience. JOTF offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, matched 403(b) and paid leave.
Starting salary range is commensurate with education and experience. JOTF offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, matched 403(b) and…
JOTF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, religious or political affiliation or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law. We strongly encourage all to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
Or Via Mail: Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF), Attn: Monique Boyd, COO, 201 N. Charles Street, Suite 2404, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Closing Date for Applications: November 8, 2019
JOTF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital…