1055 Commonwealth Avenue
Care. No matter what:
PPLM has been a leader in promoting sexual health for more than 85 years. We believe that all people deserve the information and expert services to make informed, personal decisions that affect their health, their lives and their futures. We are the state’s leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services. We educate families and empower youth to make responsible choices that lead to healthier lives. We advocate for policies that improve sexual health.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Purchasing Associate supports PPLM’s purchasing and inventory needs for all PPLM, ensures timely and accurate execution of purchase orders, and provides timely and customer-focused inventory logistics support. This position effectively coordinates all phases of purchasing and inventory in support to the Director.
Compensation range: $18-20/hour
- Respond to purchasing request tickets and place purchase orders.
- Process monthly statements and research outstanding vendor invoices.
- Match inventory invoices/packing slips for all purchases, and reconcile price-purchase variance adjustments (PPV)
- Generate and reconcile inventory cycle counts.
- Coordinate return of expired goods, wrong products, credit, and receiving of the correct product
- Monitor Anticipated Delivery aging report and follow up with vendors
- Coordinate and execute site-to-site inventory transfers
- High school diploma or GED required. Relevant experience is highly valued.
- 2-4 years of purchasing or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with LEAN methodology
- Function as customer support with responsibility for troubleshooting any purchasing/shipping/inventory/etc related problem, identifying the source of the problem or escalating it to the point of resolution
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationship with colleagues and vendors
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, sit, talk, hear, stand, bend, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use repetitive motions of the hands and wrists
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities and experiences
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health
- A commitment to PPLM's mission and values.
Planned Parenthood offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online with a resume.