Details: see Baltimore City Public School System salary scale/model
1398 West Mount Royal Avenue
The Midtown Academy, a K-8 Baltimore City Public Charter School, is seeking an energetic, innovative, and passionate 5th grade teacher. The 5th grade teacher will provide rigorous and creative instruction to students in all subjects. The 5th grade teacher will design and implement learning investigations that that teach ELA through science and social studies in a way that engages students in learning.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing rigorous and creative instruction to all students.
- Developing strong classroom structures and routines that promote a positive classroom climate and culture
- Participating in professional development opportunities
- Maintaining a grading system, preparing interim reports, and calculating quarterly grades
- Participating in quarterly parent conferences
- Participating in school community events
- Establishing an excellent professional relationship with each student and parent
- Modeling at all times the professional language, demeanor, and interactions that are expected of each Midtown student and staff member
- Collaborating with other staff members to promote the growth of all students at Midtown
- commitment to making decisions that are best for kids
1) Certified to teach Elementary Education in Maryland
2) Excellent, proactive classroom management skills
3) Experience with Responsive Classroom or Expeditionary Learning a plus bit not necessary
This would be a Baltimore City School System position. Therefore benefits and salary would follow their model.
see Baltimore City Public School System salary scale/model
Minimum Education Required