3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide appropriate care to students with physical limitations at multiple campuses. S/he will meet the individual health needs of students and provide nursing care described in individualized health care plans. This position reports to the Managing Director of Special Education.
- Administer prescribed medication as ordered by a physician
- Monitor and provide specialized health care procedures including sterile and/or clean urinary catheterizations, blood sugar monitoring, oral and/or tracheotomy suctioning, care of ostomies, nasogastric and/or gastrostomy tube care for students with chronic illnesses for the purpose of assisting the child in achieving the highest possible functional level per individualized healthcare plan.
- Provide emergency care in situation such as anaphylactic shock, cardiopulmonary distress, respiratory distress, insulin reactions, hypoglycemic reactions, seizures, and other medical emergencies.
- Assist with toileting, first aid, and student mobility around school campus as needed
- Communicate with parents regarding needs of assigned students
- Vocational Nurse Licensure required
- High School diploma required
- Flexible and adaptable
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP LA Schools
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
Minimum Education Required