WHAT IS THE JEFFERSON AWARDS FOUNDATION?
The Jefferson Awards Foundation(JAF) believes celebration is inspiration. Every day, our partners trust our expertise to help them optimize employee engagement and recognition. Partnered with best-in-class research, we help organizations take their employee recognition programs to the next level by driving meaningful nominations and increasing company culture.
At JAF, we know how to multiply good. Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
Founded in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Senator Robert Taft, Jr. and Sam Beard, the Jefferson Awards Foundation (JAF) is America’s longest standing and most prestigious organization dedicated to activating and celebrating public service. Through our programs we train and empower individuals to serve and lead in their communities, amplifying their impact through our vast network of media partners, mentors and volunteers.
As a Relationship Managers, you will be responsible for retaining and growing business with our existing partners and identifying new Champion opportunities. Relationship Managers ensure we deliver long-term business value to our Champion partners and as a result drive increased retention. The Relationship Manager also works with Champions to identify and sell new opportunities within defined verticals, leveraging the success of program implementation into a cycle of driving new business. This position requires meaningful account and relationship management experience at both day to day and executive levels. The Relationship Manager must plan, schedule, and execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and must be a self-motivated closer.
· Develop, grow and retain assigned Champions.
· Management of on time contract renewal
· Participate in the planning, development and implementation of strategy for assigned accounts.
· Collaborate across JAF to understand the partner’s needs, business model, and goals and work to integrate all of JAF offerings into the partnership
· Create new relationships with additional contacts throughout the partner organization, including influencers and decision makers.
· Develop account plans, and a schedule of calls and in-person meetings for named accounts to discuss
opportunities to drive additional long-term business value and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Be detail-oriented and capable of managing complex customer engagements.
· Identify and close new opportunities.
· Track and report on renewal pipeline and new opportunity pipeline.
· Drive all aspects of the sales cycle including, proposals, scoping, pricing and contract negotiations, related
to all renewal and new business opportunities
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
· 5 + years of relationship management and sales experience including managing a book of business, uncovering opportunities and successfully closing deals on time.
· Proven ability to interact with a range of individuals from a day to day contact to executives within partner
organizations in a professional, credible manner.
· Rigorous pipeline and sales process management negotiation and analytical skills.
· A motivated team player of who is nimble, intelligent and an innate problem solver.
· Strong challenger selling approach including listening, teaching, asking specific questions to prompt
thinking from alternate perspectives.
· Outstanding listening and communication skills in order to develop strong partner relationships
· Effective negotiator in handling concerns or conflict and moving to close deals.
· Previous experience in Salesforce and active use of CRM as a data and efficiency tool.
· Put people first
· In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at JAF. To be successful here, you must enjoy a fast-paced environment, be solutions-oriented, demonstrate professionalism, execute, be a strategic thinker and have a positive outlook.
At JAF, we are building an extraordinary organization that helps organizations celebrate and inspire their work culture. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices, and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have had great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and feel like they're part of something special.
The JAF experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.jeffersonawards.org
· Provide assistance in producing the National Ceremonies in Washington, D.C.
· Collaborate with all members of the organization with good will, transparency and kindness
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 5 years of results-oriented work experience
· Relationship manager experience, preferably in Corporate & Social Responsibility
· Passion for working directly with organizations and their employees
· Experience in the promotion of volunteerism and community impact a plus
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation abilities
· Fluency with MACs/PCs, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, social media, and other web-based applications
· Solid organizational, project and time management skills
· This position requires frequent travel within the continental United States
Minimum Education Required