Successful applicant may work some days in-person in our Los Angeles office and and some days remotely, year-round (TBD) . Not a fully remote position. Masks are worn at the direction of the CEO per City and County guidelines. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
Summary: Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA), celebrating over 100 years of service in the greater Los Angeles area, is seeking a full time College Access and Success Program Coordinator to support our College Guidance and Scholarship programs. Under the supervision of the Director of College Access and Success, the Program Coordinator will be a critical team member in growing and supporting these programs.
· Organize data relevant to College Guidance and Scholarship Programs.
· Assist with check-in calls for a caseload of scholars and College Guidance participants.
· Coordinate annual care packages for scholars and high school seniors.
· Assist with coordinating and executing workshops for College Guidance and Student Ambassador Programs.
· Assist with creating, distributing, and evaluating surveys pre and post program.
· Assist with identifying key contacts at colleges/universities and organizations to support program goals (secure guest speakers, workshop presenters, partnership opportunities, etc.).
· Create and distribute quarterly College Guidance E-Newsletter.
· Coordinate check requests and award disbursements for all scholarships.
· Manage volunteers for MAIN Coach program and College to Career Network.
· Create effective communications and outreach correspondence for project specific mailings.
· Assist in the production of events, including working with outside vendors and organizing production of various elements critical to the event’s success.
· Maintain a log of opportunities for scholars and College Guidance participants (scholarship opportunities, internships, workshops, etc.) the promote college access, college completion, and career readiness.
· Maintain complete and accurate records.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years relevant experience required.
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask.
· Self-motivated creative thinker who can work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to quickly learn several different types of software associated with our programs.
· Proficient computer skills including Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suites, Zoom, and Google Documents.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for events and workshops.
· Experience working with youth and young adults in areas such as college support, volunteer support, office administration, event planning is a plus.
We recognize that the diversity of the community we serve must be reflected in every aspect of our organization for JBBBSLA and Camp Bob Waldorf to have the greatest impact with those we serve. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is because of our mission and is essential for our success.
Successful applicant may work some days in-person in our Los Angeles office and and some days remotely, year-round (TBD) . Not a fully remote position. Masks are worn at the direction of the CEO per City and County guidelines. Proof of COVID-19…
JBBBSLA offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary range commensurate with experience. Generous paid vacation and sick leave plus three additional personal days, paid federal and several Jewish holidays. Employer-paid benefits include 403b retirement plan, vision and dental insurance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include a generous portion of employee's medical premium paid, 403b voluntary retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Pet Insurance, Legal and ID insurance and opportunities for learning and professional development. We close early on Fridays in observance of Shabbat creating a 38-hour work week. We enjoy a fun office environment (even on Zoom!) and a fantastic team who are dedicated to the meaningful work we do.
JBBBSLA offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary range commensurate with experience. Generous paid vacation and sick leave plus three additional…
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS; NO EMPLOYMENT OR STAFFING AGENCIES