La Comunidad Hispana (LCH), Kennett Square and Oxford, offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs for Latinos and other low-income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH integrates healthcare with supportive services and education to empower our members to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive fulfilling lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of the day–to–day bookkeeping at LCH including payroll, banking, petty cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor file maintenance, revenue recording, payroll and employee records management, vendor records management and patient payment recording. This individual will adhere to all governmental accounting standards.
- Assist Senior Accountant when necessary.
- Review all work for accuracy and reasonableness and make corrections as needed.
- Assist billing department with denial and claims follow-up.
- Maintains regular attendance; performs all duties in a timely manner; attends all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor.
- Follows all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs including Community Resource Center, Social Services and Education as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Respects confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bookkeeping experience is required.
- Five or more years’ experience working in a nonprofit environment is preferred.
- Capability to work well both independently and as part of the team.
- Knowledge of Intacct Software is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ceridian Payroll System is preferred.
- Excellent skills in using Excel and Word is required.
- Detailed oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from staff.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; make prompt and accurate judgments regarding payroll, AR, billing and financial accounting.
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required