137-35 Northern Boulevard
(40th anniversary support; re-posted 9/14/2018)
Status: Temporary (November 2018 – June 2019) / Non-exempt
Hours: Part-time / 3.5 days a week (28 hours) / flexible
Reports to: Executive & Artistic Director
Flushing Town Hall seeks an experienced, ambitious and proactive Development Associate to assist with fundraising, coordination, and program support for initiatives during our 40th anniversary year, including our 40th anniversary campaign, 40th anniversary gala, and other activities TBD. An ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about outreach to new supporters, as well as highly organized and able to provide a supporting role for the Executive and Artistic Director.
- Research potential donors and sponsors
- Schedule meetings for ED with potential high-level donors
- Solicit donations for the 40th challenge grant, solicit sponsorships for year-round programs (both ongoing and 40th anniversary programs), and solicit tickets and journal ads for the gala.
- Selling playbill ads for Fall 2019
- Coordination & tracking:
- Serve as the point person for all 40th anniversary special activities, including the 40th anniversary Gala and other celebratory activities TBD.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff in marketing and development (and external support such as designers) on 40th Challenge Grant fundraising and end-of year appeal.
- Work with the 40th Anniversary Gala Committee of the Board, and coordinate with board members under the supervision of the ED
- For Gala, track tickets, tables, sponsorships, and Gala Journal ad buys, as well as day of event coordination.
- Post-Gala follow up with thank you letters; work with Finance to insure invoicing and payment collection; mail out gala journal copies to ad buyers.
- Send Sponsorship thank-you’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with fundraising and soliciting donations
- Experience with galas and special events
- Excellent team player, able to work well within a small team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about outreach; flexibility, curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples and 2 references, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include the words “Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions, please.