Program Associate - Company Prospecting - Rhode Island
Providence, Rhode Island
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn, and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. We’re building an inclusive hiring marketplace, an environment that makes it easier for job seekers to connect to regionally-based training and jobs that use their skills, for employers to consider and hire locally-sourced talent from pipelines such as accelerated or online training programs and for other ecosystem stakeholders to be better informed on the ways their services can benefit skill and job seekers.
Opportunity@Work’s first initiative, TechHire, is in 72 communities nationwide with TechHire Rhode Island (RI) serving as the national learning lab. Last fall TechHire RI became a RealJobs RI partner with the RI Department of Labor and training for expanding access to careers in tech. This role supports our Employer Solutions team in Rhode Island, recruiting companies across southern New England to hire overlooked tech talent in this inclusive hiring marketplace.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, entry-level associate who can own outbound prospecting in an assigned geography to generate new leads, effectively follow up with prospects, and produce qualified leads for Account Managers. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Identifying and researching potential New England employers who would be good candidates for TechHire Rhode Island partnerships.
- Sourcing potential partners contacts by corresponding with Rhode Island community partners and sales prospecting tools.
- Proactively scheduling calls with potential partners (including cold calling).
- Recruiting potential partners to attend live events, such as meetups and job fairs.
- Working with the Account Manager to create customized plans for outreach to potential partners.
- Helping design communications to keep potential partners engaged with TechHire Rhode Island.
- Tracking potential partners interactions using Salesforce and other CRM tools
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative & compelling follow-ups
- Achieve individual and team weekly key performance indicators
- Meet and exceed monthly goals of sourced qualified opportunities and customers
You are passionate about expanding opportunities for all Americans to work, learn and earn to their full potential, and see the value in using a technology platform in service of one of the most pressing and complex social problems of our day. You are a go-getter and are able to execute towards ambitious goals with little oversight. You have experience selling or fundraising for other organizations. You are process-oriented and are attentive to detail. You are proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office tools (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and willing to learn other tools and resources quickly. You are an excellent communicator and negotiator and are comfortable building and maintaining relationships with senior-level partners. You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, and motivated to grow professionally.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter in PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your cover letter, please include an answer to the following: Why do you believe you would be a good fit for this role in our organization (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities)?
Subject Line should read “Program Associate - Company Prospecting”
You may also mail your application to:
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 1180
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: HR Admin Specialist
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.