Leadership Coach - Providence
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach for our Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program (TSL) in partnership with Providence Public Schools. This position is based from a home office in Providence, RI, or the surrounding area and is available immediately. Travel up to 40% in the Providence area will be required (contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations).
Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
What You’ll Do
We know that to have an effective teacher in every classroom, there must be an effective leader in every school. As a Leadership Coach, you will work with our team and our partners in Providence Public Schools to drive systemic change by creating and developing a shared vision of what excellent instruction looks like. You’ll coach new and current school leaders to operationalize that vision by developing their instructional expertise, management, and personal leadership skills to be successful.
Specific responsibilities may include:
· Facilitating weekly goals-based coaching aligned to program priorities and differentiated for individual leader and school needs and context
· Designing and facilitating professional development for new and veteran school leaders and leadership teams
· Designing and delivering training experiences for aspiring school leaders
· Collaborating with district leadership to develop and align on leadership development strategy and implementation approach
· Collaborating with TNTP Leadership Coaches across contracts to develop TNTP’s best practices in leadership development
· Serving as a leader in the local educational sector advocating for improved educational opportunities for children
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Leadership Coach to:
· Have school leadership experience. You have previous experience as a school principal and a proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations.
· Bring deep knowledge of data-driven coaching and instructional expertise. You bring experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders and teachers and a deep understanding of what effective teaching and rigorous instruction looks like in K-12 classroom settings. Your regularly track and analyze performance data to uncover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve results.
· Model cross-cultural agility. Authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are, and you utilize these skills to shape a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, that influences how you think about your work. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with direct reports, colleagues and clients.
· Translate strategy into effective partnerships. You can translate your vision for improving student outcomes across a variety of contexts into effective partnerships with school districts, charter management organizations and communities that achieve results for students. You consider the political, economic and social context of our partners, and adjust the delivery of our work as needed.
· Build relationships. You have an ability to connect and build relationships with diverse communities. Bilingual abilities are a plus, Spanish language preferred.
· Motivate and influence others to act. We’re counting on your ability to develop strong relationships with senior level district, state, charter management organization and community partners, investing them in your vision for TNTP’s work.
· Previous experience as a school principal and a proven track record of raising student achievement
· Experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders and teachers
· Immediate understanding of what effective teaching looks like and a deep commitment to effective instruction
· Strong familiarity and experience with Common Core State Standards (preferred)
· Ability to track and analyze performance data to uncover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve results
· Ability to communicate compelling feedback that motivates leaders, develops instruction and accelerates student achievement
· Comfort modeling and engaging in courageous conversations
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, and attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
· Professional fluency in English and Spanish (preferred)
Leadership Coach - Providence
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach for our Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program (TSL) in partnership with Providence Public Schools. This position is based from a home office in…
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. The salary range for this position is $93,600 - $140,400. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary between the range minimum and midpoint depending on experience and in alignment with internal equity. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. The salary range for…
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your…