Under limited supervision and with latitude for independent judgment, serve as a Senior Compensation Analyst, compliance coordinator and consultant in the administration of the Institute's Wage and Salary Program.Apply Program philosophy and evaluation techniques to meet institutional needs; analyze jobs, edit descriptions, assist in grade evaluations; assemble and compile data on wages and salaries; and recommend wage levels and standards. This position will oversee Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and various other Federal and State labor laws as they relate to compensation compliance. This Senior Compensation Analyst is also responsible for related training program content, documentation and presentation to appropriate parties; for administering, overseeing, advising on both contractual and non-contractual compensation issues initiatives relative to FLSA and other federal and state labor laws; and for providing expertise to the Human Resources Generalist and departments regarding compliance initiatives and wage and salary administration.
- Participates in salary surveys and manages all compensation salary survey subscriptions.
- Administers and conducts instructional and informational sessions with department heads, supervisors, and staff on compensation matters such as position classifications, wage administration policies and practices; performance management; and application and interpretation of the FLSA and other state and federal labor laws. Ensures instructional content is updated and accurate by working with Legal Counsel and HR colleagues.
- Administers job evaluation programs. Participates in designing and administering various job evaluation plans for professional, administrative and supervisory, clerical, technical, and facilities and security services positions.
- Coordinates and performs complex job studies including assessment of organizational structures, classifications, and salaries. Edits descriptions for new and revised positions; consults with HR Generalists, administrators and supervisors; reviews all descriptions equacy and advises management of needed corrections.; and provides staff assistance by preparing materials, participating in meetings as appropriate, and informing those concerned of results. All activities recognize the application of regulatory and compensation principles.
- Administers all contractual (both faculty and non-faculty) salary increases and works with payroll department to ensure timely payment of any increases.
- Reviews and approves all stipends provided to non-faculty employees..
- Reviews salary for any new and replacement staff positions prior to recruitment.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a related field, is required. A Master's Degree in a related field, S/PHR, SHRM-CP,SHRM-SCP or CCP are a plus.
Experience: Must have a minimum of four (4) years' relevant experience, preferably in a unionized and/or higher education environment; and knowledge of compensation and employment law, relevant experience in wage and salary evaluation and administration, including demonstrable experience in designing and coordinating complex compensation studies; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills: Strong computer skills, including facility with HRIS reporting and proficiency in MS Office applications are required.
Other: Must demonstrate consultative, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with a diverse employee population.Strong organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, using discretion and independent judgment are also essential.
Application Instructions: Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ccgy7h72m4hp68gv
Minimum Education Required