1133 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Who We Are:
The mission of Special Olympics was founded to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
In 2018 we are out to change the world:
We are not just athletes
We are the ambassadors of an uprising-
Peaceful protestors in a rebellion against anyone who has a fear of difference.
Our demands are equality, dignity, and the recognition of our shared humanity
We will not stop or accept anything less. We are deserving. When we compete, we’re fighting for a more inclusive world.
We are champions on the field and for this cause.
Today, our world is more divided than ever, and coming together has never been more urgent.
This is an inclusion revolution. It’s going to take all of us.
And it’s not optional. We want you to join us
About the Position:
Special Olympics is looking for a visionary Senior Product Manager to oversee product management and guide web strategy to maximize our digital reach. You will direct product development from start to finish to ensure traffic, reach, acquisition, and ROI goals are met.
Qualified candidates will have a well-rounded digital background including understanding of UX design, analytics and success metrics, site optimization, content editing, and a proven-track record of project management. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader with a knack for problem-solving and translating ideas and stakeholder needs into proven results. It is essential to be organized, highly communicative, a creative-thinker, and nimble.
The position is based at Special Olympics’ headquarters in the Metro Washington, D.C. area and is a fantastic opportunity for the right leader to join a fast-paced, dynamic and market-leading nonprofit and social movement.
The Senior Product Manager will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze feedback from consumers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, features, and end products
- Assist in data-driven strategy and research around site user experience with focus on continued testing to ensure audience engagement
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps, including social integration and video innovation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, brand communications, content, marketing, and development.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Oversee product use and impact on end user, including site analytic reporting
- Manage search optimization tool to identify opportunities and gain visibility for content
- Work closely with 3rd-party content management system partners to ensure tool functionality
- Guarantee 508 compliance in accordance with grants and federal funding.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years or relevant work experience as a Product Manager, Product Lead, or similar role
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in product lifecycle management
- Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at problem-solving and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent leadership, organizational. and project management skills
- Background in software development and program management
- Experience with User Experience Design within web platforms
- Knowledge with data architecture and integration
Special Olympics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are welcomed and encouraged.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.specialolympics.org professional opportunities.