Details: Member stipend is $455.70 biweekly for service
205 North Robinson Street
Description of Position:
The VISTA Member will support the efforts of a local affordable housing agency to transition into a larger, more effective provider/promoter of affordable housing. The VISTA will work closely with the agency leadership, other local community leaders, and VHA to (1) Develop resources to increase development capacity and enhance organizational sustainability; (2) Enhance community engagement in affordable housing efforts; (3) Improve data quality and use in decision-making; and (4) Promote best practices in affordable housing development. Examples of
the VISTAs’ potential work include the following: assisting with the collection and analysis of data on tenants to expand programs; assisting with establishing eligibility requirements; updating a housing needs assessment; creating a homeownership website; updating marketing goals; increasing financial resources; developing printed/published communication materials; creating volunteer recruitment management system; representing agency at community gatherings; training staff to maintain database; providing data on aging homeowners; identifying grant opportunities; and implementing a strategy for finding new community partners.
- Associate’s degree; at least 18 years of age; U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Resident
- Commitment to a one-year service term, 40 hours per week
- Ability to live in the service location
- Looking for applicants with organizational and communication skills who are committed, passionate, and quick learners, and who take initiative and think critically
- Experience and/or interest in community collaboration and organizing
- Project management experience with the ability to manage project deadlines
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in homelessness, housing, and nonprofit management is a plus
- $5920 education award OR $1500 end-of-service stipend
- Bi-weekly living allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Health benefits
- Child care benefits
- Federal student loan deferment
- NCE for federal jobs
- Orientation training
- Professional development
- Additional extensive trainings offered
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
1. Go to my.americorps.gov website.
2. Click the “Search Listings” button at bottom of website.
3. Under “Program Name” type in “Virginia Housing Alliance”
4. Click on the site you are applying to serve with
5. Read through the assignment description and, click “Apply Now!”
6. Create profile.
7. Make sure to double check that your application has been submitted to any and all sites you are applying for!
For more information, contact Arika Neal, VHA VISTA Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must fill out an application with AmeriCorps VISTA. Apply directly to one or more listings:
Richmond Regional Planning District Commission - https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=80293&fromSearch=true