575 Eighth Avenue
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services/Social Services Supervisor, the Case Manager's duties include:
- Provides comprehensive case management services for assigned clients including but not limited to crisis intervention, advocacy, assistance in problem solving, assessment, conflict resolution, entitlements, training on daily living skills, and referrals.
- Assesses client needs and develops service plans and client objectives to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Conducts field work including but not limited to home visits, escorting clients to appointments, and outreach.
- Monitors client medication as required.
- Maintains and submits all necessary documents and reports as required by Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community services and resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Social Work or other related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of clinical, individual or group counseling experience with mentally ill, formerly homeless people preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases such as AWARDS a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Clean driving record a plus.
Strong benefits Package
Minimum Education Required