- The Health Outreach worker (HOW) works in collaboration with a CCA care partner and primary care team to improve member care through the promotion, prevention, and reduction of health risk.
- They work to ensure quality and continuity of care, and support the values of person centered planning, The HOW helps coordinate medical and other clinical services in an effort to prevent hospitalization; assists members in improving their daily living skills, so they can perform them independently or access services to support them in doing so; provides service coordination and linkage; and coaches self-advocacy and self-management skills in various areas including benefits, housing, and health care.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's or BA/BS in human-services related field preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish required - Bicultural preferred.
- Certified Community Health Worker (CHW) or Health Outreach Worker (HOW) preferred.
- Minimum two years community outreach and advocacy experience with adults with SMI, SUD, and complex medical issues required.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified within the first three months of hire.
- Experience in motivational interviewing and working within a team model.
- Experience developing care plans.
- Use of own vehicle.
- Familiarity with MS Office products and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and to reach with hands and arms.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required