150 Golden Gate Avenue
The Assistant Manager is responsible for "back of house" operations of the Free Clothing Program (FCP), including donation receiving, clothing processing, volunteer programming, short-term storage, and the supervision of staff members who fulfill those functions. More broadly, the Assistant Manager is a leader within the work unit and a thought partner to the FCP Manager on a variety of issues related to the program’s success. The Assistant Manager must demonstrate in their performance adherence to established policies and procedures exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Orients, trains, supervises, and evaluates FCP staff involved with receiving, processing and volunteer coordination functions. Prioritizes, schedules, and assigns work assignments and projects, as needed, and is responsible for all administrative duties associated with such supervision.
- Oversees and ensures that processing and quality checking of clothing is executed effectively and efficiently. FCP receives an estimated $4 million worth of in-kind clothing donations every year.
- Coordinates donation receiving, including the scheduling of FCP’s truck for pick-ups, promoting and scheduling donation drives, and supporting St. Anthony’s curbside receiving staff.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with donors. Assists with corporate and individual outreach for in-kind donations, clothing drives,volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Oversees the FCP volunteer program, including supervision of the FCP Volunteer Coordinator.
- Facilitates and helps ensure a safe, secure environment for clients, volunteers, program participants, and staff (with respect to security, health, and safety hazards).Observes safety procedures and precautions, and identifies and mitigates workplace and job hazards. Oversees volunteer observance of safety procedures and precautions.
- Attends, participates in, and as appropriate, facilitates relevant meetings: staff meetings, Foundation-wide meetings, etc.
- Assists and works with all members of the Free Clothing Program in responding to the responsibilities and needs of the program. Works as part of the FCP team, knowing their presence is an essential function for the team to be successful.
- Adheres to the guidelines of the St. Anthony Foundation Safety Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the FCP Manager.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED:
Directly: 4 Indirectly: 0 Total: 4
Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave - If you work less than full time (40 hrs), you will earn vacation, holiday, personal and sick time on a prorated basis.
- accrue 120 hours (three weeks) vacation first 3 years (increases to four weeks by the fifth year)
- 10 regular holidays per year
- 2 personal holidays per year earned on January 1
- 8 hours sick leave per month
6% to 8% employee contribution for medical coverage. Dependent medical coverage is a shared expense: employee pays 55% of medical premium; SAF contributes 45%. Employee dental SAF pays 100%. Dependent dental coverage employee pays 100%.
Eligibility: Regular employee working 20 hours or more
- Medical: Kaiser HMO or Sutter Health Plus HMO Deductible Plan
- Medical eligibility = 1st of month following hire date
- VSP: Vision Plan for all employees included with medical plans
- Dental: Guardian Dental
- Group Life Insurance (Guardian)
- Workers' Compensation
- State Disability
- Long Term Disability (Guardian)
- Employee Assistance Plan (counseling, legal, financial and other services)
- ONEAMERICA Retirement Plan funded by the Foundation 403b employer contributed
- (Completion of 1 year and 1000 hours of service - 5% contribution – 403(b) Plan 6 years =100% vested)
- Employee 403(b) tax deferred contribution available immediately upon hire
- Section 125 Flex Spending Plan (allows for pre-tax savings on health insurance premiums and child/adult care)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax savings for out of pocket medical, dental, optical)
- Wellness Coordinator-On site counseling; smoking cessation; yoga; massage therapy; book club; Knitting club and more.
- Commuter Checks
- Direct Deposit
- Provident Central Credit Union
- Continuing Education funds (if eligible)
- Use of an SAF cabin located in Pollock Pines (near Tahoe) (call x756)
- Use of employee fitness room (150 GG 5th floor)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit our website www.stanthonysf.org, click on About, then job opportunities, then select the job, click on apply for this job.