Details: Please refer to posting
200 Larkin Street
The Membership Coordinator provides a wide variety of sales, customer service, administrative, and clerical support to the museum’s membership program. Primary responsibilities involve overseeing the Membership and Museum Fund acknowledgment programs and ensuring that members are thanked graciously and in a timely manner. He/she works closely with the Development Information Systems department to maintain the Membership database. He/she also coordinates the day-to-day functions of the department, handling customer service, tracking expenses, and maintaining inventories.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Oversees membership welcome and acknowledgment program; working with Development Information Systems, develops ways to streamline and improve process, ensuring that gifts are processed and acknowledged in a timely matter. Conveys spirit of gratitude and warmth through acknowledgments.
2. Works closely with the Development Information Systems to maintain members’ records in Raiser’s Edge. Changes addresses, perform cleanups, and pull reports.
3. Oversees customer service for the museum’s Membership program. Returns member’s calls and emails and tracks event registrations. Oversees problem payments and replacement-card requests. Maintains and updates customer service manual as needed.
4. Builds relationships with members, striving to make meaningful connections through friendly conversations and a spirit of generosity. Embraces a concierge-like approach to customer service by going above and beyond to make members and visitors feel special and valued.
5. Oversees accounts payable, processing invoices and tracking expenses for the Assistant Director, Membership.
6. Maintains inventory of membership supplies and materials and restocks as necessary.
7. Oversees Small Business and Community membership programs, conducting outreach and acquisition appeals to new prospects and sending renewals to lapsing participants.
8. Executes monthly follow-up calls to lapsed/expired upper-level members.
9. Drafts and sends various member communications through the email marketing platform.
10. Deploys monthly welcome emails and check-in member surveys and responds individually to comments.
11. Presents weekly sales talking points to Guest Experience staff, serving as a leader on membership sales and customer service best practices.
12. Acts as liaison with various museum volunteer committees and attends appropriate monthly meetings; coordinates Membership content for museum-wide publications and on website and internal calendars.
13. Serves as lead Membership staff on related museum events.
· Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related sales or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Work in a museum or other nonprofit setting a plus
· Strong oral and written communications skills; solid interpersonal and organizational skills, including problem solving
· Demonstrated high level of administrative, organizational, and clerical skills
· Courteous, helpful, efficient, and persuasive; good judgment, tact, and sense of humor
· Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Word and Excel for Windows; knowledge of a fundraising or ticketing database, preferably Raiser’s Edge and/or Siriusware
· Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public; effectively and enthusiastically communicate membership information; represent the museum, its activities and programs in a positive, proactive manner
· Ability to address duties with initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; can sort multiple priorities and respond to the needs of a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to make accurate cash transactions; process credit card and check payments
· Conscientious, flexible team player; punctual, honest, and reliable
· Available to work weekends and evenings as needed for admissions, events, or deadlines
· Ability to lift materials up to 20 pounds
$26.4173 - $31.7279 per hour** with a generous benefits package
**Please note: New hires start at the beginning of the salary range and this position is represented by SEIU 1021.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Minimum Education Required