The Volunteer Engagement Specialist supports all volunteer efforts for MDA’s volunteer engagement process for Income and Mission related priorities. The Volunteer Engagement Specialist recognizes the importance of volunteers to the organization, and the importance of planning ongoing volunteer management and leadership opportunities. This role reports to the National Director of Volunteer Programs and is responsible for the inclusion, recruitment, and success of Volunteers within the organization and will partner with other Volunteer Specialists Nationally and across the organization to ensure consistency of best practices.
· Assists in the development and implementation of an organization wide Volunteer engagement Strategy.
· Utilizes and leverages the volunteer management system (salesforce.com) to increase pipeline of volunteers.
· Collaborates with the Income leaders of MDA initiatives, including Community Engagement, Consumer Engagement, and Organizational Partnership leaders.
· Collaborates with the leaders of MDA initiatives for volunteers, Mission, Camp, Young Adult Programs, Advocacy, and recreation programs.
· Works in partnership with the National Director, Volunteer Programs and the Learning and Development team to spearhead trainings for volunteers and an annual summit.
· Works with District and Regional Leaders to assess and support volunteer engagement and needs.
· Reviews new volunteer needs and assigns and empowers volunteer leaders, finalizing appropriate documentation.
· Builds organization wide marketing and communication tools to support volunteer strategy and needs
· Ensures volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of Consumer Engagement, Community Engagement, and Organizational Partner Events.
· Achieve Volunteer recruitment quotas for Income events as assigned.
· Build and manage relationships on the national and local level with universities and organizations to develop network of qualified volunteers.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
· Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization.
· Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Ability to keep confidential information secure.
· Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
· Communication Skills - Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
· Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2+ years of experience in similar role
· Experience working with a volunteer program preferred
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong overall very interpersonal skills
· Must have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to manage multiple projects/assignments with accuracy and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision and meet established deadlines
· Time management skills
· Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve a team of volunteers
· Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
· Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
· Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
· Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
· Salesforce and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience preferred
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use the website URL provide to apply directly to this position.