The Food Services Manager is responsible to support and supervise the Food Services Staff in the daily activities and special events of all seven kitchens of The Bowery Mission. The Food Services Manager works alongside the staff to provide a strong day-today leadership presence for them and ensure they have all everything they need: food, supplies, equipment, and volunteers, to provide and produce daily meals across all The Bowery Mission sites/campuses for our clients and community.
He/She will work with the Associate Shared Services Director to systemize kitchen operations and procedures across all sites and help maintain a high level of integrity for the Food Services Staff in seven kitchens across all campuses of The Bowery Mission.
Reports to: Associate Director of Shared Services
- Understands the organization's Statement of Faith
- Exceptional Capacity for managing and leading people
- Growing passion to work in community to serve those experiencing trauma
- Ability to connect with staff and volunteers on an individual level and in large groups.
- Professional demeanor (with co-workers, volunteers, residents, agencies and the public)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Organized, coachable, dependable, and honest.
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Able to bend, squat, lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- NYC Food Protection Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree (or related experience)
- Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- 3+ years kitchen managerial experience
- Serv-Safe Certification
- Culinary Arts/Hospitality/Restaurant Experience a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
Family Medical Plans (Employee only pays 20%)
Family Dental Plans (Employee only pays 20%)
Family Vision Plans
Generous Parental Leave Policy
Extended Sick Leave policy
Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter online only. No calls please.