The Cloud Forest School is a bilingual, progressive PreK--11th grade private school located in rural Monteverde, Costa Rica. Our educational and institutional philosophy is founded in sustainability and economic justice. Ninety-five percent (95%) of our 200 students are Costa Rican, 5% are international students (generally from the US and Canada), and more than 70% of our local students receive deeply discounted tuition. Our staff of 42 is made up of half Costa Rican and half international professionals deeply dedicated to progressive, bi-lingual education.
The Cloud Forest School is looking for a Bilingual Counselor for the 2018-2019 academic year. Our school year runs from the beginning of August to mid June. The start date for this position is July 16th, 2018. Conversational Spanish and English is essential for this role as well as a background in counseling, psychology or social work. The Bilingual Counselor will work with students across grade levels to provide psycho-social support via individual counseling, conflict mediation and communication with parents and administration. The counselor will help manage disciplinary action as well.
The Bilingual Counselor reports to the Director and works as part of the Academic and Socio-Emocional Support Team.
- 2-5+ years experience as a counselor, psychologist, social worker.
- A firm grasp of the English and Spanish language.
- Experience working in a school
- Willing to make a multi-year commitment
- A team player, willing to collaborate across grade levels and disciplines
- Willing and eager to grow as a person and a professional
- Positive and adventurous
- Local Salary
- Enrollment in the National Health Insurance System (CAJA)
- Work Visa Sponsored
- Costa Rican Bonus (Aguinaldo)
- Heavily reduced tuition for children
Work visa sponsored, National health insurance, Pension, December Bonus, Heavily Discounted Tuition, Beautiful work environment
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish Proficiency
Minimum Education Required