6760 Antoine Drive
LOVE146 VISION: The abolition of child trafficking and exploitation. Nothing less.
LOVE146 MISSION: ABOLITION & RESTORATION! We combat child trafficking & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence.
REPORTS TO: CEO
SALARY: $40,000 annually
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Houston, TX
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
OVERVIEW: The Retail Manager supports the mission of Love146 by overseeing the day-to-day Reimagine Resale store operations, ensuring that the store meets or exceeds revenue goals, maintaining a high-performing retail team, managing volunteers and donations, fulfilling the practicalities of marketing current inventory to the community & online, and ensuring customer and donor satisfaction. Love146 is a Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sales and Store Management (70%):
- Achieve profit goals by leading a high-performing team and effective volunteers through consistent professional development, leadership, and fostering a motivating work environment
- Direct, supervise, and train store lead, store associates, to accomplish store goals
- Create and maintain a sales focused store front with a customer-friendly atmosphere
- Design and enforce loss prevention techniques to protect the store assets, including overseeing customers, employees, and volunteers and reporting suspicious activity
- Ensure outstanding customer service to all donors and customers and resolve customer complaints or inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage & monitor inventory of merchandise and supplies, including overseeing and encouraging donation drop-offs during advertised hours
- Manage appraisal and pricing of donated merchandise
- Coordinate promotions including those online via social media (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Identify items for online sales to be posted via social media, track sales & oversee fulfilment
- Plan and execute the sales floor design, maximizing sales goals based on prior results
- Ensure the store is operational during store hours, including opening and securely closing the store by self or other key holders.
- Ensure employee compliance with all established policies and procedures
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a pipeline of supplementary volunteers.
Operations and Finance (25%):
- Ensure inventory, data, and daily sales transactions are well managed, documented and organized
- Provide the finance team with POS system reports and cash deposit reconciliation
- Maintain store expense budget
- Produce double-digit revenue growth month over month for the first year
- Reconcile cash with sales receipts, keep operating records, cash registers, and prepare a daily record of transactions for the finance team
- Plan and prepare work schedules for all retail staff and volunteers
- Manage and submit payroll to the finance team on a weekly basis
- Plan and organize monthly store meetings
- Provide supervision and professional development for store employees and volunteers
- Collaborate with Love146 Development and Mobilization staff to secure donations
- Collaborate with programs staff on continued development of community awareness activities
- Develop local professional relationships to increase store and organization awareness.
- Collaborate with Love146 staff on store activities centered on the Reimagine concept
- Other projects, as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- One to three years of retail experience and management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or appropriate business qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills, talent development skills, finance competency, and operational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- General knowledge of retail math and reporting
- A passion for the mission of Love146
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively manage store finances and assets with integrity
- Strong customer service orientation and professional demeanor
- MS Office familiarity, especially Excel; must be comfortable working with data/spreadsheets
- Budgeting skills to manage store assets
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience with POS systems
- Proven social media knowledge/skills and web-based communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently, anticipate work needs, and follow through with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide leadership to colleagues
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom, climb ladders, and lift heavy weight/donations
The incumbent must be able to stand and be active for long periods of time. The incumbent might also spend long hours sitting, using office equipment, performing computer operations, lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, and entering data into the computer system, which requires intense mental, visual, and hand-eye coordination. The incumbent is located in a busy, open area with regular interruptions, which may cause stress. The incumbent is required to deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-speaking preferred, not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please visit: https://love146.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Only applicants who are being considered for the next step of the hiring process will be contacted.