General Education Paraprofessional (Immediate Hire) (Campus: Steele Street)
- Job posted by University Prep Elementary Schools (Denver, Colorado)
Details: Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
3230 East 38th Avenue
Position Summary: Paraprofessionals are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through providing one-on-one, small group and behavior support to scholars with a variety of needs in the regular general education classroom. Specifically, Paraprofessionals will support scholars with a variety of needs by helping them work through regular or modified grade-level curricula and supporting behavior in the regular education classroom. Paraprofessionals will work closely with the Scholar Advancement and grade level teams, gain hands-on experience working one-on-one with scholars, participate in school-wide professional development, and receive frequent feedback and coaching. Paraprofessionals are supported and held accountable by the Principal.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity working with students with special needs in an educational setting.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Provide engaging, motivating, and relevant one-on-one academic and behavior support to scholars with a variety of needs in the regular classroom, using plans and modifications provided by grade level and Scholar Advancement teams.
- Collaborate regularly with grade level and Scholar Advancement teams regarding individual students’ progress and needs; provide data and anecdotal information on scholar progress during instruction.
- Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
Compensation: Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
Apply Today: visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, not required.
Minimum Education Required