Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
East River Park
Fire Boat House, East River Park
The Lower East Side Ecology Center seeks a experienced fundraiser to lead the organization's development efforts. This position will be a key member of the organization's leadership team and work closely with the Executive Director and Board Chair to leverage the deep relationships and strong programming of this 30-year old community organization. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who enjoys working directly with donors and is eager to ensure the sustainability of our city.
The Ecology Center has pioneered community-based urban sustainability programs since 1987. Today, we continue to provide leading e-waste and composting programs, environmental stewardship opportunities and educational programming. We offer opportunities for all New Yorkers to learn about environmental issues and play an active role in creating a healthier and greener New York City.
This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team and is best suited to someone who is an organized, strong collaborator that is able to work in a variety of environments.
Job responsibilities include:
- Identify, cultivate and solicit both existing and prospective supporters of the Ecology Center (including foundations, corporations, and government support)
- Grow support from individuals capable of giving $10,000 or more to the organization through the design and implementation of a major donor program. Collaborate with the organization’s leadership (Executive Director and Board of Directors) and program staff to frame the best and most compelling asks in alignment with organizational priorities. Oversee fundraising and cultivation events (including one annual fundraising event)
- Design and manage annual appeals, e-newsletter, and website content
- Maintain contacts and donor database
- Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, with at least one year of experience interacting directly with donors
- Track record of accomplishment in achieving fundraising and/or business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented, able to set priorities, highly organized
- Willingness to pitch in and do what’s needed to accomplish goals
Minimum Education Required