The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs in northern Minnesota, as well as implementing grant deliverables including tobacco prevention and cessation programs, providing technical assistance for smoke free policies, and assisting in growing educational programs throughout northern Minnesota.
- Manage, implement and evaluate tobacco control programs in northern Minnesota.
- Lead the preparation of grants and budgets for tobacco and lung health program work in northern Minnesota.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant project activities in northern Minnesota, including trainings, presentations, education health fairs, etc. and serve as lead for these activities; ensure that deliverables among staff are being met.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Adhere to ALA’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate reporting of grant deliverables and activities; complete key grant reports, including in-kind, quarterly reports, and Grants Correspondence.
- Implement policy and systems change, in regards to tobacco control.
- Grassroots development and coalition building; represent ALA on local coalitions and committees.
- Develop and identify strategies for marketing programs and services.
- Identify partnership and grant funding opportunities with other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
- Develop written and online technological tools for programmatic use including PowerPoint presentations, surveys and evaluation instruments.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across northern Minnesota, including signature ALA programs.
- Meet assigned all grant deliverables and quarterly objectives, and actively participate in coalitions identified in the Minnesota Program of Work.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Serve on divisional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop recommendations for area health promotion budget.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to implement health promotion activities and raise funds to support the activities.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in public health, community relations, public policy, or related field.
- Experience in coalition building, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Required to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
The American Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Matching 403(b), Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V