The Transportation Manager will manage and coordinate the taxi schedulers and drivers, and all transportation related administrative procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Transportation Manager is responsible for developing and streamlining administrative procedures and delegating tasks to schedulers as appropriate. He or she will also assist the schedulers booking and dispatching customer rides. This position is a full-time position located at our office in Brookfield, WI.
This position requires an energetic professional who can wear multiple hats and should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks. They should have experience using office productivity software, specifically MS-Word and MS-Excel, and smartphones. They should be able to work independently with little supervision. They should demonstrate strong leadership, be well organized, detailed oriented, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of part-time working staff.
· Assign and monitor driving and scheduling responsibilities and tasks among staff
· Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
· Perform scheduling tasks including answering the phones, booking rides, and performing dispatch functions to assist drivers
· Manage relationships with external partners ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on a timely basis
· Perform financial tasks related to the weekly cash deposit and monthly payroll
· Handle customer inquiries and complaints
· Organize and schedule monthly driver meetings
· Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
· Responsible for recruiting drivers and scheduling staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees
· Evaluate and manage staff performance
· Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
· Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory, review and approve office supply acquisitions
· Manage internal staff relations
· Maintain a safe and secure working environment
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
· 5 years of proven office management, supervision, and administrative experience
· MS Office computer software knowledge
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
· Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
· Knowledge of business and management principles
· Transportation or taxi experience preferred, but not required
The Transportation Manager will manage and coordinate the taxi schedulers and drivers, and all transportation related administrative procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Transportation Manager is…
Full-time staff are eligible for a benefits package including up to 2 weeks of Vacation, up to 5 days of Personal Time Off, and 6 paid Holidays within their first year. Paid time-off will be prorated based on the full-time hire date and is available after 60 days of consecutive employment. On the first of the month following 60 days of consecutive employment, full-time staff are eligible for an additional health insurance reimbursement.
Full-time staff are eligible for a benefits package including up to 2 weeks of Vacation, up to 5 days of Personal Time Off, and 6 paid Holidays within their first year. Paid time-off…
1. A letter describing your qualifications for this Transportation Manager Director position, including your specific interest in Elmbrook Senior Taxi’s mission and a description of your salary parameters;
2. A detailed and updated resume; and
3. The names of, your relationship to, and contact information for, three professional references.