Who We Are
The Vera Institute of Justice, founded in 1961, envisions a society that respects the dignity of every person and safeguards justice for everyone.
- We study problems that impede human dignity and justice.
- We pilot solutions that are at once transformative and achievable.
- We engage diverse communities in informed debate.
- And we harness the power of evidence to drive effective policy and practice.
Vera's Legal Department provides comprehensive in-house legal services to the organization, including each of its administrative departments, centers, programs, and demonstration projects, and to its Board of Trustees.
Vera seeks a coordinator to join its Legal Department on a full-time basis.
This position will be based in Vera’s New York office. The coordinator will provide administrative support to Vera’s Legal Department, including:
- document traffic control, particularly with contracts;
- processing and tracking invoices and expenses;
- working with the Department Manager to maintain, digitize, and catalogue records;
- assisting with organizational compliance (e.g., state filings) under the supervision of the Department Manager and the General Counsel;
- assisting with scheduling; and
- more as needed!
The coordinator will work with all members of the Department—and through that work, with most of Vera.
You are organized and level-headed, and can stay that way even when surprises come up. You are at home with technology, and when others are not you can help them out. You are interested in how not-for-profits work, and you want to use your talents for a great cause. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must.
Commensurate with experience, and competitive benefits.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume.
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Online submission in PDF format is strongly preferred.
However, if necessary, materials may be mailed or faxed to
ATTN: People and Culture / Legal
Vera Institute of Justice
233 Broadway, 12th Fl.
New York, NY 10279
Fax: (212) 941-9407
Please use only one method of submission (online, mail, or fax).
Vera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status.
Vera works to advance justice, particularly racial justice, in an increasingly multicultural country and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED
Minimum Education Required