134 West 26th Street
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath and its open positions at www.momath.org.
MoMath is seeking a recruitment associate with exceptional organization and communication skills to conduct the overall full life-cycle staffing process for a broad range of roles across the Museum. Recruitment duties in this position will focus on entry- and mid-level hires supporting a variety of areas of this dynamic organization, spanning from programs and the visitor experience to the operations that maintain and develop the business. This position will also provide varied administrative support to MoMath’s expanding efforts to recruit and organize the adults, college students, and high school students who offer their time as volunteers.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle all aspects of the hiring process for entry- and mid-level positions in the Museum and the administrative office.
• Oversee candidate records and the recruitment filing system.
• Draft job descriptions and post them at various job boards, schools, and associations.
• Creatively build new pipelines for talent through research, job boards, networking, social media, relationships with schools, and employee referrals.
• Manage MoMath’s LinkedIn presence for recruitment.
• Serve as the main point of contact for job applicants; review incoming applications for completeness and quality; request supplemental materials; and correspond with candidates throughout their process in a professional, approachable, and responsive manner.
• Conduct comprehensive phone screens of candidates; prepare detailed written notes for Museum management.
• Schedule interviews involving multiple interviewers; prepare hard-copy materials for interviewers when necessary.
• Facilitate and participate in the interview process and internal discussions afterwards; prepare detailed written interview comments.
• Conduct reference checks and prepare written notes.
• Assemble hiring packets containing all candidate materials and notes, and provide them to managers involved in the hiring decision.
• Coordinate recruitment of volunteers for events, operations, and programs, including MoMath’s college summer volunteer program and high school volunteer program. Publicize opportunities and conduct other outreach; review applications; perform initial phone screens when necessary; and schedule interviews.
• Develop and maintain a database of volunteers, tracking volunteer activity and other key data that allow senior management to oversee participation.
• Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers; monitor volunteer satisfaction.
• Correspond with volunteers to announce upcoming volunteer opportunities and ensure support for specific events.
• Establish email and phone relationships with colleges and high schools to promote MoMath’s volunteer programs.
• Develop innovative outreach and recruitment strategies.
• Perform other administrative coordination tasks as needed.
• Minimum of 3 years of talent acquisition experience in an early-stage, fast-paced organization, preferably a nonprofit
• A record of success serving as the point of contact for job candidates, both in writing and on the phone
• Extraordinary organization skills and attention to detail
• Highly polished oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write flawless professional correspondence
• General understanding of city, state, and federal employment regulations
• Strong history of excelling at administrative tasks
• Ability to serve as a professional, enthusiastic, and welcoming presence, and to represent MoMath to both adults and teenagers
• Facility to work collaboratively on team projects in a responsive, dynamic environment
• Passion for STEM and MoMath’s mission
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that includes “Recruitment Associate” and your name:
1. A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria
2. A current résumé, including grade point averages
3. A 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics