The Safe Horizon offices in the New York City Family Justice Centers provide counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referrals to victims of domestic violence. The Senior Case Managers will provide short-term counseling and direct services to victims of domestic violence. The Senior Case Managers will be responsible for conducting case assessments, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and safety planning with victims.
The 60% Senior Case Managers will rotate their days among the Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens locations on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hours will vary between 12 noon to 8 PM and 11 AM to 7 PM, most often starting in Queens and traveling to Brooklyn and the Bronx in the late afternoon, unless working the day in Queens.
Essential Job Functions:
The Senior Case Managers will provide comprehensive services to individual clients and families impacted by violence (domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, and trafficking). Services provided may include assessment, case planning, advocacy, referrals and information. The Senior Case Managers coordinate with Safe Horizon supporting programs and local agencies to provide short and long term care necessary to meet the needs related to victims of violence. Duties include:
- Providing crisis intervention, emotional support, and case management services to victims of domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, and trafficking;
- Providing advocacy to victims of domestic violence with the police, prosecutors, housing, shelters, schools, public assistance, and other entitlements;
- Assisting with safety planning and risk assessment;
- Providing follow-up to victims to assist in securing all indicated services;
- Acting as an advocate and liaison between the victim and the District Attorney’s Office and other criminal justice agencies;
- Providing court orientation, advocacy, accompaniment, and support;
- Attending relevant trainings and workshops;
- Attending regular individual and group supervision sessions;
- Maintaining client case records; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Reports: No supervisory reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks.
- Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system.
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; hours will vary between 12 noon to 8 PM and 11 AM to 7 PM.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying to the position
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required