Executive Director for Social & Economic Action for Lebanon (SEAL)
- Job posted by Social and Economic Action for Lebanon
Details: Competitive salary.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic leader with the skills and passion to take the organization to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a nonprofit that has both a strong reputation and well-established history, while also being in a period of growth.
- Permanent position, with a 3-month probation period
- Full-time, working from home
- Candidate expected to be based in New York with 1-2 annual trips to Lebanon
- Reports to Board of Directors
- Competitive salary
1. SEAL Projects
- Line manage SEAL’s Project Manager in Lebanon
- Work with Projects Committee to assess project applications
- Oversee project implementation and Monitoring & Evaluation procedures
- Develop annual fundraising plan with Fundraising Committee
- Lead all fundraising efforts which include: leading a team of volunteers to organize events in New York and other cities, engaging corporate sponsors, identifying and approaching potential new individual donors, and identifying and approaching foundations and government bodies
- Manage up to 3 social media volunteers, SEAL’s designer and a filmmaker
- Develop annual communications plan with Communications Committee
- Maintain website
- Approve all social media copy and develop social media strategy
- Write quarterly newsletters
- Oversee production of SEAL’s annual film
- Prepare Annual Report and regular Impact Reports
- Develop press relations
- Develop annual quarterly budget with Finance Committee
- Track accounts using QuickBooks software
- Prepare regular financial reports for the Board
- Work with accountants to prepare annual tax filings and audit
- Prepare all tax letters with Treasurer
- Set SEAL’s annual goals in conversation with the Board and drive their execution
- Continue to develop procedures to ensure organizational efficiency
- Schedule and prepare agendas and minutes for quarterly Board meetings and bi-annual Young Ambassadors meetings
- A clear passion for working at a non-profit organization
- The ability to work independently, exceptional attention to detail and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Undergraduate degree
- Based in NYC with the willingness to travel at least once a year to Lebanon
- Spoken fluency in Arabic and familiarity with Lebanon
- High level of written English
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in the economic development sector and/or in nonprofits in Lebanon
- Fundraising experience particularly with foundations and/or government sources
- Written Arabic skills
- Graphic design skills or familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with QuickBooks software
- Basic knowledge of CMS and newsletter platforms (specifically MailChimp)
SEAL (Social and Economic Action for Lebanon) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, nonpolitical organization founded in 1997 in New York City by a group of Lebanese- Americans wanting to take action against the severe social and economic problems facing post-war Lebanon.
SEAL focuses on community-driven economic development by providing grants and business support directly to local groups to help them jumpstart or expand an economic venture. Focusing on the areas of Women in the Workforce, Land & Agriculture, Water & Irrigation and Fishing, SEAL has implemented more than 130 projects over its 20 year history, all with the mission of unlocking economic opportunities to strengthen under-served communities in Lebanon.
In parallel, SEAL aims to engage and motivate the Lebanese diaspora and friends of Lebanon in the US and worldwide, in order to raise awareness of issues facing Lebanon, to strengthen the global commitment to supporting Lebanon, and to fund its projects.
Working from home with regular travel to Lebanon.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent written and spoken English, and fluent spoken Arabic a must.
Written Arabic preferred.
Minimum Education Required