40 Wall Street
Working for Girl Scouts of Greater New York as a Manager of Membership Recruitment is so much more than a job. It’s about passion and commitment to recruit girls and– all girls – to become part of an organization that helps them grow into the best version of themselves and the volunteers who lead them. It’s about having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to make a difference! This is a fast-paced job that will challenge you professionally.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: The Manager of Membership Recruitment oversees the recruitment of Girl Scout adult volunteers (troop leaders) and girl members throughout New York City. The Manager will supervise the Recruitment Specialists to achieve territorial recruitment/sales goals through planning and presenting at recruitment events informational events for parents and girls, community fairs and festivals, and networking within professional organizations. She/he will supervise Specialists and oversee volunteer recruiters to assist within the territory. She/he is responsible for lead generation and working with other departments within Girl Scouts of Greater New York to convert the leads to troop leaders or girl members.
The Manager of Membership Recruitment is a sales position with responsibilities for the recruitment of Girl Scout adult volunteers (troop leaders) and girl members throughout the five boroughs of New York City, she/he will achieve territorial recruitment/sales goals through planning and presenting at recruitment events year-round including school open houses, Discover Girl Scout events for parents and girls, community fairs and festivals, and networking within professional organizations. She/he will recruit, train and oversee volunteer recruiters to assist within the territory. She/he is responsible for lead generation and working with other departments within Girl Scouts of Greater New York to convert the leads to troop leaders or girl members.
· Work with the Recruitment Specialists to develop annual recruitment/sales goals for growth in troop leaders and girl membership.
· Develop and implement year-round recruitment plans for troop leader and girl membership growth, using market and population data, membership trends and other pertinent information.
· Oversee the planning, and delivery of recruiting events throughout the entire year, including events for parents and girls, community fairs and festivals, public speaking engagements, presentations to businesses. Generate leads and work with other departments within GSGNY to convert the leads to members and volunteer troop leaders.
· Recruit, train and oversee volunteer Recruiters.
· Build awareness of Girl Scouting and GSGNY through presentations, speaking engagements, in-person meetings and networking with schools/educators, community organizations, corporations, faith-based institutions and other appropriate groups. Join, and become an active member in, professional networking groups.
§ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
§ Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse communities.
§ Experience working with volunteers.
§ Ability to communicate and work collaboratively and effectively with others.
§ Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, and to travel throughout the five boroughs.
§ Proficiency in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
§ Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines; perform well under pressure.
§ Creativity, vision and the ability to motivate volunteers.
§ Ability to design programs that would combine values and traditions of Girl Scouting with the contemporary needs of youth.
§ Ability to manage time, work independently, provide customer service, and handle several projects at once.
§ Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
§ Subscribe to the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout movement.
Minimum Education Required