Details: The position is four days a week. Salary will depend on the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
545 Concord Avenue
Cambridge Neighbors (CN) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization created to support older adults living in Cambridge, Arlington, Belmont, Somerville, and Watertown. Founded in 2007, Cambridge Neighbors is a consumer focused, volunteer-driven membership organization whose mission is to create peace-of-mind for our members so that they can continue to enjoy urban life from their homes in a multi-generational and multi-cultural setting. Supported by an active Board of Directors, CN provides its members with social, cultural and educational activities, exercise opportunities, transportation services and access to a wide variety of household services. The organization seeks a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead the organization in its growth.
The Executive Director will lead a staff of part-time employees in CN’s offices at in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The ED manages the operations of CN under the oversight of the Board of Directors. The CN Board is actively involved in all policy matters of the organization, and individual directors often lead committees where much of the organization’s program and outreach efforts are focused.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Building and managing the effectiveness of CN as a grassroots, member-driven organization.
· Overseeing marketing and membership enrollment and retention initiatives, developing new benefits and programs of interest to members, expanding and vetting service providers, working with individual members and their families to resolve aging issues, and supporting the volunteer program.
· Fundraising from foundations, businesses and individuals, seeking grants for CN’s low/moderate-income scholarship program and overseeing general organizational fundraising.
· Developing and maintaining effective office systems and personnel policies.
· Overseeing all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management and payroll.
· Working proactively to promote CN and to increase awareness of the organization through speaking engagements and media contacts.
· Building and cultivating strategic alliances with relevant community organizations and local businesses.
· Maintaining close liaison with the Village-to-Village Network.
· Strong interpersonal skills including an outgoing, compassionate personality, with high energy and a positive outlook.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly to a variety of audiences.
· Solid fundraising and grant writing experience.
· Familiarity with basic office and non-profit technology.
· Experience in managing a non-profit organization and supervising staff is important.
· Demonstrated experience with program creation and development.
· A background working with people of this population, including an understanding of the needs of people over 60 as they age in their homes and knowledge of the resources needed to assist them.
· Minimum five years of experience in a similar position with a nonprofit.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
The position is for four days a week. Salary will be in the range of $55,000 to $60,000 per annum but will depend on the experience and skills of the selected candidate. CN offers a comprehensive vacation and holiday schedule along with the opportunity of flextime.
CN offers a comprehensive vacation and holiday schedule along with the opportunity of flextime.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required