141 Franklin Street
Inspirica is one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night we house approximately 350 people (1,025 per year, including 250 children) in 11 facilities. We are one of only a handful of organizations in the nation that is able to address the physical aspect of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying causes (support services) on a single, comprehensive, end-to-end platform -- a powerful, integrated “one-stop-shop.” Our residential services cover the spectrum of housing: emergency shelters, transitional housing, deeply affordable housing, permanent supportive housing; and, rapid rehousing. Our support services are similarly comprehensive and include: vocational training (home health aide certification); workforce education; job placement; housing placement; job & housing retention support; early childhood & parenting services; children's services (including an after-school program); health care, counseling, case management, and much more. We further provide direct access to mental health care, psychiatric care, dental care, substance abuse treatment, etc. through a network of strategic partnerships.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
The Grants Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer (who oversees Development). The successful applicant will, in effect, serve as Grants Writer, managing all aspects of the application and reporting process for corporate and foundation grants as well as some city, state and federal government grants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Performing research to evaluate prospects for grants and new sources of funding.
- Cultivating relationships with public, private and corporate foundations.
- Developing and writing grant proposals, concept notes, letters of inquiry and reports.
- Ensuring timely submission of grant applications and reports.
- Ensuring that all proposals and reports reflect the objectives of the grantor, advance the goals of Inspirica and the grantor, and include metrics that demonstrate Inspirica’s impact.
- Working closely with the finance department on budgetary aspects of grants and reports.
- Working closely with the volunteer department to ensure donors are matched with volunteer opportunities and volunteers are encouraged to donate, if interested.
- Maintaining donor information related to grants within the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Arranging for and helping prepare and host site visits related to grants.
The ideal candidate will ideally have at least five years’ experience in the field of not-for-profit development/fundraising with significant grant writing experience. He/she will be a proven self-starter who is motivated by Inspirica’s mission to serve the homeless. Additionally, he/she will:
- Have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and track work activities.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities under tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar system preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in writing successful proposals.
Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by e-mail with Grants Manager as the subject line to:
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.
No phone calls please.