Details: Mid to high $30,000s
25055 Riding Plaza
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Opportunity to Outreach
We are looking for an Outreach Specialist who can help us successfully bring in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement through targeted outreach efforts in the Virginia counties of Loudoun, Prince William, and Fauquier. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting and running a program. Their work will positively impact girls in underserved communities.
Here’s What You Will Be Doing
- Introduce communities – girls and their parents – who are not yet familiar with Girl Scouting to the Movement and the leadership opportunities it offers to girls of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Plan and run girl events, start to finish, in order to introduce girls to Girl Scouting through a variety of programs, including several week-long day camps.
- Use your impeccable Spanish language skills to engage Latina families at Back-To-School Nights and other community recruitment opportunities.
- Handle administrative tasks related to recruitment and registration of members and reporting to funders.
- Meet recruitment and troop formation goals.
- Foster community partnerships as a means of securing program sites and gain recruitment opportunities.
- Increase visibility and expand volunteer base by coordinating with community service organizations, collegiate clubs, and academic departments of local colleges and universities.
Is this you?
- Passionate about girl leadership
- Can easily converse and read/write in Spanish and English
- Sensitive to people of other cultures and all abilities
- Excellent with girls, ages 5-17, and equally skilled at working with adults of all ages
- Sales or other membership recruitment experience, or at least a strong desire to learn it, including cold contacts
- Goal-oriented, persistent, dedicated, and committed
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
- Ability to work 1–9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9AM – 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
- Have access to automobile for daily travel
- Be willing and able to drive to multiple sites within area of service in the same day.
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to common mission
Do you like a traditional job description? We have that too! It’s on our website: www.gscnc.org/jobs.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $55.98 (individual) or $59.82 (family) per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a thoughtful cover letter with resume to:
Ebony Squire, Human Resources Specialist
An Equal Opportunity Employer