2198 San Gabriel Avenue
Elizabeth Ann Seton Residence, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a 45 day family shelter in Long Beach that provides emergency shelter for unemployed adults and their children. The shelter provides opportunities for residents to participate in counseling, attend job and life skills classes, financial literacy classes, parenting and personal growth classes and assist with obtaining employment and housing to help them on their path to self-sufficiency.
The following duties are also to be performed:
- Interview clients to determine their needs.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the shelter
- Providing case management services to all clients.
- Connect clients to resources such as housing, job skills/life skills workshops, educational resources, etc.
- Working with partners at the Long Beach Multi-Service Center to connect the clients with comprehensive services.
- Oversee the work of the Resident Attendants.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Completing data entry of client information on the HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) for all clients.
- Maintain required files and statistical information on clients.
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years of related experience to include case management
- Must have experience working with the homeless population
- Experience in supervising a small staff
- Location: Long Beach
- Hours: Full-time position, 40 hours per week, M-F, Flexible Schedule
Salary:16.53 -$20.71 per hour, Generous Benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days and 12 paid holidays.
Generous Benefits Package:
- Life Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability
- 12 Paid Vacation Days Per Year
- 10 Paid Sick Days Per Year
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Program Director, email@example.com