POSITION: Employment and Outreach Coordinator
PROGRAM: The Center for College & Careers
HOURS: Full-Time, 9-5 PM
SKILLS/ABILITY or Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and counseling abilities
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with professionals from different industries
- Knowledge in management and recruitment procedures
- Knowledge of labor market trends/requirements, and skills/abilities required in a wide variety of occupations
- Ability to engage and motivate disconnected youth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop educational and employment plans with program participants
- A passion and desire to work with, and advocate for, at-risk youth, many of whom may have multiple barriers to employment
The Employment and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for securing internships and/or employment for youth, ages 16-24. The Employment and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for interacting with businesses across Westchester County to identify partnership and career-building opportunities for program participants.
- Identify participant's interests and career plans to recruit employers.
- Develop employer contacts for placement of program participants.
- Coordinate career workshops, evaluation, skill training, job-readiness training, resume building, interview techniques, and other activities related to employment.
- Conduct on-site interviews with potential partners and employers.
- Communicate with employers and make note of our expectations, their expectations, and participants' responsibilities.
- Recruit at least 20 program participants.
- Assist program participants in planning for construction training or employment.
- Collect, review, prepare, and submit data and program reports.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate paid and non-paid work experiences for students.
- Review/update program database (OSOS) weekly.
- Follow-up with job coaching to ensure at least 3 months’ retention
- Provide READI training and other career development workshops to program participants.
- Coordinate Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP).
SALARY: Based on Experience
SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Amrika Sieunarine