Details: negotiable based on past experience
1996 Eastman Ave
This position has the primary responsibility for researching, writing and reporting on the agency’s foundation, government and other grants. This person will work closely with the President/CEO, Development Director, Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Board of Directors and program managers to enhance the agency’s access to restricted and unrestricted funding.
Essential Job Functions:
· Utilizes agency and outside resources to research and inquire into the compatibility of funders.
· Writes letters of inquiry, grant applications, responses to requests for proposals and required reporting.
· Works with program managers, the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer and others to meet and ensure accurate and timely grant proposals, budgets and funder reporting requirements.
· Reports monthly on letters of inquiry, grant proposals and outcomes.
· Conducts monthly grant meetings.
· Assists the President/CEO and Development Department as needed for special projects.
· Must be a self starter with the ability to manage the complete grants process with minimal supervision.
· Responsible for goal setting, tracking and achievement.
· Must demonstrate a high level of commitment to Livingston’s charitable mission.
· Responsible for achievement of the agency’s annual fundraising goals.
· Adhere to fundraising best practices and evidence based, donor centered principles.
· Maintain donor confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
· Work collaboratively with Development Department’s colleagues and all other Livingston staff and volunteers.
· Exhibit strong professional ethics, discretion and judgment.
· Excellent relationship building and maintenance skills.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
· Must have good organization and personal management skills, and be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to take ownership and responsibility for the outcomes of the Department, as well as their personal responsibilities.
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
· Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications And Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two year grant writing experience.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to interact positively and effectively communicate with funders and staff.
· Knowledge of Excel, general computer system knowledge and skill level.
Livingston Memorial VNA
1996 Eastman Ave Ste 101
Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: HR Coordinator
Phone: (805) 642-0239 ext 734
Fax: (805) 650-1536
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 403(b), generous PTO
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required