Assist agency physicians in providing comprehensive direct patient care and Burprenorphine Treatment Services to clients, including:
- Conduct physical examinations and record client data in charts and electronic medical records systems.
- Interpret and evaluate patient data to determine appropriate patient management and treatment plan.
- Perform detailed and accurate review of patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients.
- Facilitate patient access to all AHP services.
- Provide education in buprenorphine and other drug treatment options.
- Provide buprenorphine induction and maintenance, and medically-assisted buprenorphine treatment.
- Order laboratory tests and review lab results with patients.
- Participate in testing and treatment for HIV & STIs.
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock or convulsions.
- Participate in program evaluation.
- Participate in weekly supervision.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as per HIPPA laws and AHP policies and procedures.
- Assume other program-related tasks as assigned.
- New York State certified Medical Assistant.
- Knows and supports harm reduction philosophy.
- Has experience in HIV prevention, STIs, mental health and/or substance use treatment.
- Has experience working in a harm reduction environment.
- Has knowledge of Brooklyn substance-using communities and service providers.
- Has experience and/or desire to work with disenfranchised populations.
- Able to work as part of a team within a larger organization with multiple programs.
- An organized, self-motivated person, committed to working in a multi-cultural, multi-racial diverse environment.
To learn more about our organization, please visit
Full medical benefits, including dental.
Life insurance (double salary value) at no cost to employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply to email@example.com