Givat Haviva Educational Foundation
Position: Communications and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Start Date: Immediately
Givat Haviva (GH) has been a leader in the field of equality and Jewish-Arab reconciliation in Israel since its inception in 1949. Its programs represent more than half of Israel’s NGO efforts to foster a democratic and shared society for the Arab and Jewish citizens of Israel. The New York-based Givat Haviva Educational Foundation (GHEF) is Givat Haviva’s U.S. office, and headquarters for American fundraising and awareness activities. For more information on the mission and programs of Givat Haviva, visit our website at www.givathaviva.org.
GHEF is currently looking for an energetic, organized individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications and Development Coordinator (CDC) supports the organization’s communications, individual giving, and institutional fundraising activities.
The CDC manages all aspects of GHEF’s annual campaigns, including direct mail and electronic appeals, and works closely with the Director of Development to support the institutional giving program. S/he is responsible for creating a strong social media and website presence, and for maintaining the integrity of GHEF’s donor database.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written skills, project management experience, ability to balance multiple deadlines, and a positive attitude and collaborative work style. A strong appreciation for Givat Haviva’s work in conflict resolution and the shared society movement is especially helpful.
· Manage 2-3 direct mail and electronic appeals annually including creation of appeal concepts, drafting and production, list segmentation and personalization, and analysis of campaign progress.
· Develop public awareness of Givat Haviva and the shared society movement through social media, web presence, press relations, and print collateral.
· Coordinate with the Director of Development to organize fundraising events & visits from overseas guest speakers. Responsibilities include logistics and scheduling, and working with hosts, other staff, venues, and vendors.
· Ensure accuracy of GHEF’s donor database, process gift entry and acknowledgments, create reports, and perform prospect research.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
· Skill and/or experience in development, communications, or related work
· Ability to generate clear and compelling written materials for various audiences
· Comfort in using donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge
· Demonstrated experience using websites and various social media platforms
· Ability to manage a wide range of internal and external relationships
· The capacity to be proactive, analyze and think critically, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
· Exceptional attention to detail with acute awareness of the "big picture"
· Microsoft Office and social networking skills essential; website development and/or graphic design experience helpful
· Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong work ethic
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and generous benefits.
A generous benefits package is offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three writing samples to
email@example.com with the subject line, “Communication and Development Coordinator, [INSERT YOUR LAST NAME].”
No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.