Executive Director, EPIC - Every Person Influences Children
The Buffalo-based nonprofit EPIC has opened its search for a new Executive Director to lead the organization in advancing its mission to help families, schools and communities raise children to become responsible and successful adults. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the organization’s principal administrator and is accountable for implementing quality programs and services, maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring EPIC’s financial health, and managing staff and the overall affairs of the organization. The full job description is available below, and qualified candidates are invited to submit an application package including cover letter, resume, list of professional references, and salary requirements to the EPIC Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received, final deadline for submission is March 28, 2018.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the principal administrator
of EPIC and, as such, is responsible for advancing EPIC’s mission. The Executive Director
is accountable for implementing quality programs and services, maintaining excellent
relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring EPIC’s financial health,
and managing staff and the overall affairs of the corporation.
• Oversee the development and delivery of high quality mission-appropriate
programs and services that are responsive to child, family, and community needs
and meet or exceed appropriate standards and objectives. Conduct periodic
evaluations of these programs and services and implement adjustments and
• Ensure that EPIC’s mission is delivered by highly qualified, motivated, and caring
individuals. Perform effective personnel management functions including hiring,
firing, training, supervising, promoting, and evaluating agency staff.
• Build fund-raising and friend-raising capabilities to ensure the long-term financial
health and stability of the organization. Ensure a robust financial foundation for
EPIC by maintaining an awareness of all potential funding sources and securing
appropriate financing in support of all programs, services, and operations.
Together with the CFO, prepare and present the annual operating budget for
approval by the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Ensure that the organization’s marketing and communications efforts promote
EPIC as the recognized leader in parenting and family engagement.
• Ensure that EPIC’s technology capabilities are responsive to the changing needs of
the organization and its customers.
• Assist the Board of Directors in periodically revising the rolling strategic plan by
tracking evolving community needs and providing the perspective of EPIC’s staff.
Ensure the approved strategic plan is implemented effectively and efficiently.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with community groups,
educational bodies, government agencies, private funders, and other appropriate
organizations. Advance EPIC’s influence and reputation through involvement with
and leadership on boards, coalitions, and committees of other related
• Facilitate effective two-way communication flow between board and staff.
• Recommend new and revised EPIC policies and procedures to the board and, upon
approval, ensure that the agency is in consistent compliance with same. Assure
agency compliance with all relevant governmental guidelines and private funding
• Perform other duties as required by the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree preferred
• 5-7 years experience in leadership positions with demonstrated results, 10 years
• Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and motivate employees
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with
internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record in administrative and operational excellence
• Financial acumen including not-for-profit budgeting
• Excellent communications skills
• Program development and delivery experience (Parenting/Family Engagement
• Strategic planning experience
• Grant-writing experience
• Fund-raising experience
• Experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit an application package including cover letter, resume, list of professional references, and salary requirements to the EPIC Search Committee at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received, final deadline for submission is March 28, 2018.